CHAPTER - 76 : UNLINKED

AT ALARIC'S FLAT:

After literally blocking all of Elena's advances of getting inside the flat to meet Ric, Damon grabbed the bag of chocolate muffins and coffee that Elena got for Ric and closed the door on her face, leaving no more room for discussion. He then walked over to Ric and Stefan who were standing by a miter saw with the Wickery Bridge sign while listening to Elena leaving.

"Walking down the stairs, opening the front door, and she's gone," Damon said.

Alaric turned the saw on and lowered the saw and began to cut the sign. And then, Damon, Alaric, and Stefan started creating stakes from the Wickery Bridge sign. Stefan looked at one of the stakes while Damon said, "This needs to have a sharper point."

Stefan handed the stake to Damon who took it and looked at it.

"I got it," Damon told him.

"We finally have our own stakes to kill an Original. I'm not gonna miss because you can't whittle" Stefan told him.

"I said I got it. Stop micromanaging" Damon said and sharpened the point of the stake while Alaric wore his jacket.

"Looks like you guys have got this under control. I'm gonna call the Sheriff" Ric told them making the two vampires look at him.

"I want to turn myself in" Ric admitted.

"No you don't," Damon said. 

"I have a homicidal alter ego. Unlike some people in this room, I would like to take responsibility for the people I've killed" Ric told him.

"If you wanted to turn yourself in, you wouldn't be saying it out loud. Just saying" Damon told him.

"Hey, listen, out of all the people you cannot psychoanalyze me. I killed Caroline's father. I nearly killed Meredith. And if it wasn't for Stefan, I would've probably hurt Venice yesterday! Everything's changed" Ric said.

"Look, you're not turning yourself in. Bonnie's herbs are working and we have Originals to kill" Stefan said.

"His morals get very questionable when he has revenge on the brain," Damon told Ric. 

Stefan looked at Damon and said, "Klaus needs to die."

He then looked at Ric and added, "We finally have the chance to kill him, so you are not turning yourself in."

Damon stood up, turned to Alaric and handed him his ring.

"Here's your ring, Ric. Put it on" Damon told him.

"That ring is the reason I've killed people," Ric said.

"It's also the reason you're alive. You're going vampire hunting, Ric. Wear it" Damon told him.

Alaric sighed and took the ring, putting it on.

*****

AT THE TOWN SQUARE:

Venice and Caroline were strolling with Asher at the town square, on their way to the park because the blonde decided that both the mother and the baby are in dire need of some fresh air. Venice and Caroline were strolling in the park with Asher, the baby in a bassinet stroller when Venice dropped the bomb on Caroline, the bomb being that Alaric killed Bill Forbes.

"Alaric Saltzman killed my father?" Caroline asked in disbelief, in clear shock.

"I can't expect you to be okay with this. But at least these herbs that Bonnie's giving him, they're healing him and they're keeping the dark side buried" Venice said.