CHAPTER-41 : THE MASQUERADE

TIME SKIP (THE NEXT DAY):

AT THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE:

Caroline was sitting on the couch on the library.

"Here" Damon said, giving her a glass of blood.

"I'm still shaking" Caroline took the glass and said.

She took a sip from the glass.

Stefan arrived and asked "What happened?"

"Go ahead, tell him. You're gonna love this" Damon urged Caroline."I saw Katherine today" Caroline told Stefan."Where?" Stefan asked, standing in front of her."At the Grill. I just stopped by to gawk and...quasi-stalk Matt" Caroline said and started telling him about Matt's reaction when he saw her.

"Skip the teen drama and get to it" Damon told her.

"Then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go because I'm a doofus" Caroline said.

She told Stefan about how Katherine showed up in the bathroom and pretended to be Elena. But Caroline somehow guessed that she was Katherine and not Elena. When Caroline vamp sped towards the door, to get out of the bathroom, Katherine beat her to it, by blocking the door from Caroline's reach. She then told Caroline to deliver a message to the Salvatores.

"What was the message?" Stefan asked.

" She told me to tell you both that she want the moonstone or she will rip this town apart until it rains blood" Caroline replied.

Stefan raised his eyebrows hearing it.

"Tell him the rest of it" Damon told her.

"And that should be done tonight. At the masquerade ball" Caroline said.

" She wants to do it in public. Killing Mason threw her off guard" Stefan said.

"She's running scared. What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks" Damon said.

"We can't underestimate her. We have to play this smarter than her" Stefan said."Can we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline asked."No, Katherine's not getting dick. I've had it. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball and I'm gonna kill her, tonight" Damon said.

Obviously, he had his reasons for his intensified hatred towards Katherine. One, she ambushed everyone pretending to be dead or stuck in the tomb and she didn't give a flying fuck about Damon  when she knew about his whereabouts and... two, he hurt his best friend who's probably the only persons who understands him, apart from his brother.

"You're not gonna kill her" Stefan said."Don't give me that goody-goody crap" Damon warned."You're not gonna kill her" Stefan said again."Oh Really?" Damon asked, threateningly."Because I am" Stefan told him, having his very own reasons. The part of how he and Venice had to break up because of Katherine was the stronger one.

Damon and Stefan stared at each other in agreement.

*****

AT THE GILBERT RESIDENCE:

Jenna was coming home from the hospital. Jeremy, Kevin, Venice and Elena were helping her.

"Easy. Grab the door Jer" Kevin said.

Both he and Jeremy were helping Jenna into the house.

"Hey, stop fussing, I'm fine" Jenna said.

Jeremy left them to grab the front door.

"The doctors said that you have to take it easy" Elena said.

Both she and Venice were carrying Jenna's stuff. Jeremy closed the front door.