CHAPTER-48 : THE LAKE HOUSE

AT THE FORBES RESIDENCE:

Venice, Caroline, Bonnie and Elena were sleeping on Caroline's bed, peacefully, until Venice's phone started ringing. All four of them groaned.

"Go away!" Caroline groaned, hearing Venice's phone ringing and moved, making Venice fall down with a thud on the floor.

Venice groaned and opened her eyes. She glared at Caroline who was trying to sleep peacefully, despite the blaring sound of Venice's phone. Venice slowly crawled towards the stand beside her, on which her phone was kept and reached for her phone and took it and answered the call, without even looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" Venice answered groggily with a scowl on her face, thinking about who on earth was disturbing her peaceful sleep, early in the morning.

"Venice!" Caroline complained with sleepy eyes.

"Sshh...." Bonnie shushed.

Elena groaned hearing them. Venice looked at them with a scowl on her face, mostly at Caroline for pushing her off the bed, even if it's unintentional. Venice rolled her eyes at them and slowly dragged herself out of the room.

"How was the slumber party?" her boyfriend asked.

"Good, until you called" Venice replied groggily.

"Ouch!" Stefan said, pretending to be hurt.

Venice giggled in response.

"Really. How was it?" Stefan asked.

"Good and much needed " Venice replied, sitting on the floor, with her back leaning against the wall.

"When can you and I have one? " Venice asked flirtatiously.

"Mmm... That can be arranged" Stefan replied in an equally flirtatious tone.

"Okay. Now. Today. Take me far, far away" Venice said with a dreamy sigh."Even with everything that's going on?" Stefan asked."Because of everything that's going on" Venice scoffed."Well, in that case, where would you like to go?" Stefan asked and Venice smiled.

*****

TIME SKIP (TWO HOURS LATER):

AT THE McLEAN RESIDENCE:

Stefan and Venice were in the hallway of the McLean residence, with packed bags in their hands, ready to leave.

"Ready for our romantic weekend?" Stefan asked Venice."Beyond ready. Let's go before we need to cancel our trip for god knows what reason" Venice replied."Mmm. I'll go put these in the car" Stefan said and walked towards the front door with Venice behind him.

Stefan opened the front door and started to walk out, but stopped when he heard Venice's phone buzz. Venice took out her phone seeing that she has received a text message from Caroline reading: Need to talk. Where are you? 

Venice sent a text back to Caroline saying: Headed to lakehouse w Stefan. U okay?  

"Uh, please tell me there's nothing wrong" Stefan said, looking at her.

Venice looked up at Stefan, but before she had time to comment, Caroline sent her another text saying: All good, never mind. Have fun.

Venice looked relieved and told him "Nothing's wrong" while sending a text back saying: Xoxo.

"Just Caroline" Venice said, looking at Stefan with a smile on her face.

"Come on. Let's go" Venice said and walked out of the front door.