CHAPTER - 53 : MORE ABOUT THE CURSE

AT THE McLEAN RESIDENCE:

Venice kept staring at Elijah's desiccated body while involuntarily playing with the daggers. She just kept mentally praying god that her plan will work and Elijah will help her, instead of hating her for daggering him. Elijah suddenly woke up with a gasp and jerked his body, in a very different angle, making Venice jump a bit, at the sudden sound and movement. Venice rushed towards him and knelt down beside him while he looked like he was having great trouble.

"Elijah" Venice said, making him look at her.

"Vanessa" Elijah said, looking at Venice.

"Elijah. It's me, Venice" Venice said, as if she's talking to a kid, while Elijah kept panting and gasping.

 Venice kept a finger on her lips, telling him to stay quiet.

Elijah stared at her while gasping "Oh, my god."

He closed his eyes and laid on the ground weakly. Venice moved closer to him but his body spasmed, making her move a bit away from him. He got up while Venice stared at him in alert. He was gasping for air.

"I can't-I can't breathe! What's happening to me?" Elijah asked.

Before Venice could say another word, he rushes over near the door but slammed into the doorway. She rushed over to him and held him up.

"I can't...I can't be in this house" Elijah said.Realization dawned upon Venice that Elijah was never invited into her house.

"You're not invited in" Venice said.

"Then get me out of here" Elijah said.

He slammed into another wall, in vamp speed, hoping to get out of the house, as soon as possible and disappeared from her sight. Venice ran after him and rushed to the front door. Elijah was crouching outside. His skin's now in it's normal tone, not the desiccated shade. He got up and rushed at her to enter but froze at the threshold, unable to enter.

"What happened-?" Elijah was asking her but she immediately shushed him, by placing a finger on her lips.

She pointed her finger to her ear and then behind her, showing him that Stefan, Damon and possibly Kevin can hear.

"I'll tell you. Not here" she whispered, while he stared at her.

" Can I trust you?" she asked him in a whisper.

He stared at her unbelievably and asked " Can I trust you?"

She looked as if she's in a deep thought and sighed and gave him the dagger. He took it.

*****

Stefan's in his, correction Venice's bedroom, asleep. He suddenly woke up and noticed Venice's not there. He went downstairs, looking for her.

"Venice!" he called out.

Andie, one of Jenna's friend and Damon's present girlfriend/hook-up was there in a doorway, holding a cup of coffee. No doubt, spent the night with Damon.

"Hey" Stefan said. 

"Hey" Andie said. 

"Have you seen Venice?" Stefan asked her. 

"Uh, no" Andie replied.

Damon walked over to Andie, looking all refreshed and greeted Andie and kissed her.

"Hey. Where is Venice?" Stefan asked him.

"In my pocket" Damon said.

Stefan stared at him as if he's lost it.