CHAPTER-3:FEELINGS

STEFAN'S POV:

I went back to the Salvatore boarding house after dropping Venice at her house. I was changing when my nephew Zach barged into my room.

"You promised" Zach said with a newspaper in his hand.

 I took it from him and read the column which stated  BODIES FOUND MUTILATED BY ANIMAL.

"This was an animal attack" I said.

"Don't give me that. I know the game. You tear them up enough they always suspect an animal attack. You said that you had it under control" Zach stated.

"And I do" I replied.

"Please uncle Stefan. Mystic Falls is a different place now. It's been quiet for years. But, there are people who still remember. And you being here.... It's just gonna stir things up"

"It's not my intention"

"Then what is? Why did you come back? After all this time, why now?" he asked. Well, more likely interrogated.

I had enough.

"I don't have to explain myself" I stated.

"I know that you can't change who you are. But, you don't belong here anymore" he said.

"Where do I belong?" I asked him.

"I can't tell what to do. But coming here back was a mistake" he stated and left my room.

If only he knew why I came back here I thought to myself.

***

THIRD PERSON POV:

"The battle of Willow creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle? " Tanner asked.

"Ms.Bennett" Tanner called.

Bonnie looked up from her book.

"Uh..... A lot. I'm not sure. Like a whole lot" Bonnie answered.

"Cute becomes dumb in an instant Ms.Bennett" Tanner stated with his usual demeanor.

"Mr.Donovan" Tanner called out making Matt look at him.

"Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?" He added.

"It's okay Mr.Tanner. I'm cool" Matt replied with his cool attitude.

"Hmm.... Ms.McLean. Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significantly historic events" Tanner said, making Venice look at him.

 "I'm sorry. I... I don't know" Venice replied.

"I was willing to be leaning last year for obvious reasons Venice. But the personal excuses ended for summer break" Tanner stated.

"With 346 casualties unless you're counting the local civilians" Stefan said.

"That's correct. Mr..." Tanner said.

"Salvatore" Stefan added.

"Salvatore.... Any relation to the original settlers here at Mystic Falls?" Tanner inquired.

"Distant" Stefan replied.

"Very good. Except they were no civilian casualties in this battle" Tanner added.

"Actually, there are uh... 27 casualties, sir. Confederate soldiers they fired on the church believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It's a night of great loss" Stefan explained.