CHAPTER-14 : WALKING AWAY FROM HER

AT THE MYSTIC FALLS HIGH SCHOOL:

Stefan decided to have some brotherly bonding with his brother and brought him to the Mystic Falls High School. He then took Damon to the football field to play a little football with him.

"What are we doing here?" Damon asked his brother, his alcohol bottle still in his hand.

"Bonding. Catch" Stefan said and threw a football at his brother.

Damon caught it and smirked and threw it back again. Stefan caught it.

"Go on. Give it a try" Stefan said, throwing the football back.

Damon caught it and placed the bottle on the ground.

"Don't forget who taught you how to play this game" Daon sassed and threw the ball with vamp strength and ran towards it with vamp speed and caught it. But Stefan vamp sped towards his brother and tackled him, making both of them to fall down. They both grunted in pain but remained laid down on the ground, facing the dark sky.

Damon grunted and chuckled and said " Ow! That hurts."

" Downside of my diet--getting hit actually hurts a little bit " Stefan said.

"Ugh. Whoo. I'm impressed Stefan" Damon said.

Stefan turned his gaze towards his brother,

"Fun with booze and darts, sentimental with football, and now..... Starry night" Damon said and sat straight on the ground.

" What do you want, Stefan? " he asked, looking at his brother.

 Stefan also sat beside his brother and said " It wasn't real, Damon"

Damon made an expression which clearly said What wasn't real?

"Our love for Katherine" Stefan replied for his brother's look.

"Oh, god" Damon said and turned his gaze towards the sky, chuckling bitterly.

" She compelled us. We didn't have a choice. Took me years to sort that out, to truly understand what she did to us" Stefan said.

 "Oh, no, Stefan. We are not takin' that on tonight" Damon said, patted his brother's knee, stood up and started walking away.  

Stefan looked at his brother's retreating figure and asked "What do you want with Katherine's crystal?" making Damon stop in his tracks.

Damon turned back to face his brother and asked "How do you know about that?"

Stefan stood up and said "Come on. You knew Venice would tell me."

Damon thought for a second and said "How do you know it was Katherine's? Emily gave it to her on her last night. I was with her, and you weren't" with a smirk.

 " I was the last one to see her, Damon" Stefan said.

Damon's smirk faded and his face hardened.

" Now, what do you want with Katherine's crystal?" Stefan asked.

Damon blinked and tried his best to stop his smirk and asked " She didn't tell you?"

" We had other things on our mind" Stefan replied.

Damon's face hardened even more and he immediately vamp sped towards his brother and stood right infront of him.

"I could rip your heart out and not think twice about it" Damon stated.

"Yeah. I've heard that before" Stefan said.

Damon rolled his eyes and patted his brother's shoulder and said "I have a bigger surprise Stefan."