CHAPTER-8 : GETTING TO KNOW YOU

AT THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE:

Damon was grunting in pain due to the vervain in his system and in his surroundings. He caught his finger only to see that his daylight ring's missing.

"Where's my ring?" he asked as Stefan came to the cellar to check on him.

"Won't be needing it anymore" Stefan said.

Damon groans and asked " How long have I been here?"

"Three days" Stefan said.

"What are you doing?" Damon asked.

" During the dark ages when a vampire's actions threatened to expose or bring harm upon the entire race, they would face judgment. They sought to reeducate them rather than to punish them" Stefan said.

"You know what will happen if I don't...feed on blood" Damon said.

"You'll grow weaker and weaker. Eventually you won't be able to move or speak. In a week your skin will desiccate, and you'll mummify. A living corpse. Unable to hurt anyone. Ever" Stefan said.

"So what, you're just going to leave me in the basement, forever?" Damon asked.

"I've injected you with enough vervain to keep you weak. Once your circulation stops, I'll move you to the family crypt, and then in 50 years, we can reevaluate" Stefan said.

"I'm stronger than you think" Damon half-chuckled and said.

"You always have been. But you're not stronger than the vervain. And we both know it. I'm sorry. Didn't have to be this way" Stefan said and left and Damon continued to groan in pain.

*****

AT THE McLEAN RESIDENCE:

Venice woke up and took her journal to write and then stared at it for a moment. She then closed it and hid it in its hiding spot. She then got up and got ready and left for her tennis practice. When she came back home, she was feeling very tired from the feeding and control drills she practiced. She went to her room and took a shower. After the shower, she was drying her hair when the doorbell rang. When she went and opened the front door, she saw Elena there.

"Hey Elena" Venice smiled and said.

"Hey" Elena smiled and said.

She stepped inside and said "I hope I'm not disturbing you."

"No. Of course not" Venice replied and walked towards the kitchen.

"Breakfast?" she asked.

"Sure" Elena replied.

"Does bran flakes work?" Venice asked.

"Yep" Elena replied.

Venice poured the cereal in two bowls with some milk in it and passed one bowl to Elena.

"Guess what" Elena said while eating her breakfast.

"What?" Venice asked, eating her breakfast.

"Jenna's gonna have dinner with Logan today" Elena said.

"Logan? Do you mean Logan Fell, the news reporter guy?" Venice asked.

"Yep. That's him" Elena said.

"Wow" Venice said and chuckled.

"I wanna tell you something about the Salvatores" Elena said.

Venice stopped eating her food and sighed, making Elena frown.

"What is it, Elena?" Venice asked.

"Umm..... It's just, they have been quite M.I.A since a few days" Elena said.