CHAPTER-51 : KNOW THY ENEMY

AT THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE:

Venice called Stefan, telling him that Elena called her and told her that Isobel showed up at the Gilbert's, last night. Venice even told him that she went to the Gilbert's, to stay with Elena.

Stefan was telling about this to Damon and both of them were going downstairs, from their room.

 "Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep" Stefan told Damon."What's she doing here?" Damon asked."I don't know. That's what I'm gonna go find out" Stefan told him.

Both of them entered the hallway when Katherine joined them and said "I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here."

"What? Why?" Stefan asked in exasperation, looking at her.

He'll literally kick Katherine out, if it wasn't for her, having some info and knowledge about who Klaus is.

"It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb" Katherine replied. 

"You're the one in cahoots with them. You made a deal with John that almost got me killed" Damon said in disgust. 

"I did what I had to get out of the tomb. Now I'm reconsidering my alliance" Katherine retorted and turned around with a smirk and was about to walk away, but stopped when Stefan asked her "What do you know?" 

She rolled her eyes and turned around and replied "I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you. Besides, if you two ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the less people know that I'm here, the better. And that way, I could help you guys protect Venice. And... Elena. Think about it, Stefan. Come on. Be smart." 

Stefan rolled his eyes at her answer and looked at his brother and said "Tell you what. Why don't you, uh...Call Alaric and let him know that his wife just showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep."

"Well, I think that my best friend already told her uncle about that" Damon told his younger brother.

Stefan remained silent for a moment, as if in thought and nodded his head and said "Yeah. Right" and then left.

*****

AT THE GILBERT RESIDENCE:

Elena opened the door to Alaric. Venice was standing behind Elena.

"Hey. Is she up yet?" Ric asked the two brunettes."She won't come out of her room" Venice replied.

Ric entered the house and Elena closed the door.

"What'd you tell her?" Ric asked Elena."Nothing. She won't talk to me" Elena replied."We're gonna have to fix this, Venice, Elena" Ric told them.

All three of them stopped by the stairs. Jenna came down the stairs.

"Hey" Venice and Elena said in unison when they saw the strawberry blonde, coming down the stairs.  

"Jenna" Ric said, almost immediately. 

" I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go" Jenna said, not even glancing at him. 

"Okay, listen. I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now" Ric told her. 

"Rage and betrayal would pretty much cover it" Jenna said, through gritted teeth.

She put on her jacket.

"Where are you going?" Venice asked her, with a frown. 

"I'm going to stay on campus. I have a thesis to write, and I don't want to be in this house" Jenna replied, looking at the taller brunette.