CHAPTER 26: HANGOUT

AT THE MYSTIC FALLS HIGH SCHOOL:

Elena and Venice were walking towards Venice's locker, at Mystic Falls high. Day's have passed since the bachelor raffle. Damon's still stuck with his "daily routine" which is bringing a girl or a few girls home, feeding on them and then compelling them to forget what's happened to them. Stefan was managing to spend time with Venice and was  also keeping an eye on Damon, so that he doesn't go to the extremes, at the same time. He even re-joined the school. Venice, on the other hand, sulked for god knows how long about Isobel becoming a vampire and faking her death, but later, moved on from it with the help of Elena, one of her best friends/new-found cousin. Later, she started spending time with her family and even told them about Elena being Isobel's daughter. Both William and Kevin looked quite surprised about it but were very happy to know about it. Kevin's happiness has got no bounds when he learned that he's got another sister. Even though he always considered Elena as his sister, he felt happy to know that she's family. Venice even started spending some quality time with Elena, so that they can be for each other as both friends and family. Kevin also accompanied them, most of the times. Venice even tried contacting Bonnie but to no avail, because her call always went to Bonnie's voice-mail. She even managed to practice tennis regularly and even started spending more time with Stefan. Venice took out some necessary stuff from her locker and closed it. Stefan showed up, a moment later and greeted both the brunettes. 

"Look who's back to school" Venice teased Stefan.

Stefan smiled at her comment and Elena chuckled.

"So, How's Damon. How's he doing?" Venice asked.

"Damon hasn't said a word to me. Every time I try to talk to him he shuts me down" Stefan said, facing Venice and Elena, leaning his side to a locker.

"Do you think he's still trying to find Katherine?" Venice asked.

"I don't know. He waited a hundred and forty five years only to find out that Katherine could not care less. I mean it's gotta hurt, right?" Stefan said.

"And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy" Elena said, making Venice shot a glare at her direction.

Stefan smiled and told Elena"You have every reason to be upset with him."

"Mmhmm.."Elena hummed and nodded her head.

"Have you two thought any more about what you're going to do?" Stefan asked looking at Venice and Elena.

"About what? Isobel, my vampire birth mother, who's related to my vampire ancestor Katherine, who screwed over your vampire brother? Nah...I haven't thought about it at all" Elena said, making Venice stifle her laughter.

Stefan smiled looking at Venice and told Elena " I'm sorry I brought it up."

"No problem" Elena said with a smile on her face and left to attend her class.

"It'd just be nice if we could get through one day without having to deal with any of it. No vampire aunt or brother" Venice said, sighing, thinking about Isobel and then about Damon and then thought how screwed up her life is.

"No vampires at all?" Stefan asked, raising his eyebrows, leaning towards Venice.

"No vampires but you. I just want to get us back to normal stuff like school and homework" Venice replied and gasped and added " And here's a thought: fun."

" Ooh, that sounds good to me, when do we start?" Stefan asked, making Venice giggle and started making their way towards their classes.

Stefan hated to leave her because they're having different classes. Before they parted their ways, Stefan grabbed Venice by her waist and kissed her passionately on her lips. After sharing a passionate kiss, Venice kissed him on his cheek and made her way towards her class, only after waving him.