CHAPTER-25 : BACHELOR RAFFLE

On their way, back to Mystic Falls, there was an uncomfortable silence filled in the car. Both the girls didn't talk anything after coming out of Trudie's residence. While Elena was busy, driving the car and Venice, on the other hand, found the passing trees more interesting.

"So... Um... Earlier, you told me that you wanna say something to me" Elena said, deciding to break the uncomfortable silence, surrounding the brunettes in the car, making Venice look at her.

"Uh, yeah. Can you pull over?" Venice asked.

"Yeah" Elena replied and did as she was asked to do.

"So?" Elena asked, looking expectantly at Venice.

Here goes nothing Venice thought and sighed, gathering up all the courage that she's got.

"It's about your birth mother" Venice said, looking dead in Elena's eye.

Elena nodded in response, indicating Venice to continue. Venice, on the other hand, was wondering how to drop the bomb at Elena. Thinking that it's now or never, Venice sighed and looked straight into Elena's doe shaped eyes.

"Isobel Flemming is my aunt" Venice said.

Elena looked at Venice in shock and then asked "What?", not believing what she just heard.

"Isobel Flemming is my aunt" Venice repeated.

"H-How?" Elena asked.

"She's my mom's younger sister" Venice replied.

"Oh" Elena said, not knowing what else to say but, she got a doubt and immediately shoot it at the taller brunette.

"Was she Mr. Saltzman's wife?" Elena asked.

Venice nodded her head. Elena remained silent for god knows how long. Then she looked at Venice who was looking at her, trying to contemplate her reaction. 

"Say something" Venice said.

"So, that means that..... we're technically cousins who were born on the same day but a different year" Elena said with a smile forming on her lips.

That's true that both Elena and Venice were born on the same day but Elena's a year older than Venice. While Elena's born on June 22, 1992, Venice was born on June 22, 1993. Maybe, that's the part of the reason why Isobel was so affectionate towards Venice and treated her like her own daughter.

"Um.. Yes" Venice said, supporting Elena's words.

Elena grinned like an idiot and Venice smiled looking at Elena and both the girls hugged each other very tightly and after what seemed like an eternity, they broke the hug.

*****

AT THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE:

After having some more conversation about Isobel and other random stuff for god knows how long, the girls decided to go to the boarding house. Well, it was Venice's idea to go to the boarding house because she thought of meeting Stefan and tell him about Trudie because she clearly knew about vampires and Elena agreed and after an hour or more, they reached their destination. When they reached the boarding house, they went inside but didn't find neither of the Salvatore brothers but a few seconds later, Stefan showed up and smiled looking at his girlfriend and nodded his head at Elena, acknowledging her. 

Elena reciprocated his actions and asked him "Is Damon here?"

"Yeah. He's in my room" Stefan replied.

"Oh. I'll just go and... uh.. see him" Elena said looking Stefan and Venice making Venice raise her eyebrows in surprise.

Both the love birds nodded and Elena went upstairs to meet the raven haired vamp.