CHAPTER-27 : THE STORM

TIME SKIP (THE NEXT DAY):

AT THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE:

Damon's boarding up the window that Frederick and Bethane (two of the tomb vampires who attacked the Salvatore brothers the previous night) broke through. Stefan and Venice stood nearby, watching him. 

"I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night " Damon said, turning around to face the lovebirds.

"Yeah. And then what? We turn to the rest of that house of vampires and say, "Oops. Sorry?" " Stefan retorted.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her " Venice said, looking at the elder Salvatore.

 "It was more like a helpful exchange of information. And it's not like I had a choice. She's...scary. Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back" Damon told her.

Venice scoffed and said "Of course she is. Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process."

"You don't have to be snarky about it" Damon told her.

"I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky" Venice said.

Damon sat in a couch.

"How long are you going to blame me for turning your "auntie dearest" into a vampire?" Damon asked.

" I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact that you're a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities" Venice replied.

"Ouch" Damon said, clearly feeling a bit hurt, hearing Venice's words.

"This isn't being very productive. We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires. Yeah? " Stefan said, looking at Damon.

 Damon stood up and left the room.

Venice looked at Damon's retreating figure and turned to look at Stefan and said "I'm sorry. He just makes me so cranky", who embraces her.

"I know. He makes everybody cranky" Stefan said, rubbing her back, affectionately."So, what are we gonna do?" Venice asked.

"Damon and I are gonna handle everything, I promise" Stefan replied.

"Well, what about me? I can't just sit here and do nothing" Venice said with a frown on her face, breaking the embrace.

Stefan moved a few strands of her hair that are falling on her forehead, with his fingers.

" That's exactly what you're gonna do, because that's what going to keep you safe" Stefan told her, cupping her cheeks with his hands.

"Which means nothing if you're not safe, too" Venice told him, catching his hands.

"What do you mean? I'm perfectly safe. I have Damon, the self-serving psychopath on my side" Stefan told her, making Venice roll her eyes.

She sighed and embraced him again saying "Well, that's comforting."

Stefan kissed her head and placed his chin on her head.

*****

TIME SKIP(AN HOUR LATER):

Venice left a few minutes ago because the storm was becoming worse, minute-by-minute. Damon was fixing a clock when he saw Stefan leaving.

"Hunting party?" Damon asked him.

"That guy did a number on me last night when he stabbed me. I gotta get my strength back up" Stefan said in his way."I've got two liters of soccer mom in the fridge" Damon said.