CHAPTER - 54 : MEETING THE REAL KLAUS

TIME SKIP (THE NEXT DAY):

AT THE McLEAN RESIDENCE:

Stefan, Venice, Elena and Elijah were sitting in the living room, with Venice sitting beside Stefan and Elena sitting adjacent to Venice. The lovebirds were facing Elijah.

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse" Elijah said. 

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus" Stefan said. 

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid"  Elijah said, now standing in front of the furnace.

Elena nodded.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie" Damon asked, joining them. 

"Damon..." Venice muttered. 

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying" Elena said. 

"I'll write her a great eulogy" Damon said. 

"It's not an option, Damon" Venice said.

Damon and Venice had a staring contest which was broken by Stefan, who successfully made the two of them to look at him, by asking Elijah "All right, how do we break this curse?"

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know" Elijah said. 

"The moonstone" Stefan said. 

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each" Elijah said. 

"And where do the doppelgangers fit into it?" Venice asked. 

"Your blood is required to start the ritual, which will give the required power for the ritual to keep working and Elena, the final part of the ritual" Elijah replied. 

Elijah took a wooden box from the shelf beside him.

"Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger...to the point of your death" Elijah said.

Damon looked at Elena and so did Elena and Stefan. Venice took Elena's hand and squeezed it, making Elena look at her and smile. 

Elena then looked at Elijah and said "And that's where you come in."

Elijah opened the wooden box and said "This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation", taking a what looked like a container.

"So I'll be dead?" Elena asked. 

"And then you won't" Elijah said. 

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon asked Elijah and then looked at Elena and said "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?" 

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgangers are a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work" Elijah said. 

"I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Elena?" Damon asked. 

"Then I guess I'll just be dead" Elena said.

Venice stilled hearing it. Damon looked at Stefan who shrugged in response. Damon looked at Venice who's staring at the floor, in deep thought. He then looked at Elijah and left.