162: Moving Forward

"So... We are heading towards Western Island now, right?"

Their conversation got askewed from the main topic several times but finally, Toby asked this question leaning them back to it.

"I think it should be answered by the Prince." Nyssa said.

The others didn't really think much about this. Naisip din naman nila that at this point of time, the Prince had more information about the next two Guardians since he and his people had extensive research about them and even had encounters with these other guardians.

"This is hard to answer. You see, the situation of those two are a bit difficult right now." Alanganing sagot ni Prince Atobe.

"Explain." Raqie told him.

"Did you know that the Dark Guild originated in West Island?"

"What?" Vina and Toby were suprised.

"The Dark Guild, before they extended their claws to Eastern Island had first influenced the Western Island. They had a lot of sympathizers there kaya naman kahit mag-imbestiga ang mga tagaCentral Authorities doon, they would find out nothing as those big families, clans and tribes there were covering up for them.

"The difficulty of Vesper Ever Tribe and Kitsune Fox Clan is because of the Dark Guild.

"Eight years ago, Vesper Eve Tribe has been absorbed by another tribe. This tribe is related and bigger than them. Bukod ba doon, they are one of the supporters of the Dark Guild.

"Vesper Eve was known to be one of the resistance of Dark Guild. They were a bit powerful back then but they were just a small Tribe after all. No matter how much they resisted, they couldn't compare with 3 to 5 clans led by Dark Guild. Everyone thought they were annihilated that year. But after our people did a deep digging, we found out they were actually absorbed by their brother Tribe.

"My father speculated that the Head and elders of Vesper Eve were either killed, chased out or threatened. Otherwise, it will be difficult for the brother Tribe to completely command the Vesper Eve people.

"Meanwhile, Vesper Eve might have escaped annihilation but that is not the case for Kitsune Fox Clan. It is just this year that their clan was all killed."

This news brought anger and sadness throughout the group.

This Dark Guild people!

How dare them do these to tribes and clans?!

"But you know about it, right, Nyssa? Prince Atobe asked her directly.

They looked at her too at once and she just nodded.

"I want to hear first if these two tribes have the same fate in this lifetime compared to the last I have. As treasure hunters, these news about annihilations and absorptions of clans and tribes are very important to us. Some treasures are left by the unfortunate clans and tribes and it was our job to collect them before the others. In the last lifetime, I heard about the Vesper Eve and was there after the annihilation of Kitsune Fox Clan."

Hearing this, they weren't sure how to react at all. Were they going to judge Nyssa's old life as a treasure hunter? She truthfully told them that she was there after the Kitsune Fox Clan was annihilated. Obviously, the reason was to collect the treasures they'd unwillingly left there.

Everyone knew that being a treasure hunter wasn't exactly a philantrophist job. They stole, scavenged and even vandalized sacred places and someone else's death places just for treasures. It wasn't really glorious at all.

But then again, that was Nyssa's old life. And knowing her in this lifetime, they believed that her job as a treasure hunter was her only bad deeds back then. But her overall morals and personality weren't that bad at all. Base na rin sa pagkakakilala nila sa dalaga ngayon.

"What about the Guardians then?" Vina asked breaking the silence between all of them. Well, she was obviously not one of those unsure whether to judge Nyssa because as she heard from the latter, she was also a treasure hunter in that alternate life.

"I know where the Guardian from the Vesper Eve Tribe is ut I am not sure about Kitsune Fox Clan. I don't even know if that one is still alive or not anymore."

"Let's not assume anything yet. Since we have a lead on them, let's go to where the Guardian from Vesper Eve first. Afterwards, we can visit the Kitsune Fox Clan's residence and see if we can find some information there. What do you think?" Nyssa said.

Seeing that it was a good plan everyone agreed to her right away.

"Then everyone should rest now so we can set off early tomorrow." Vina stood up and began cleaning up.

***

Netherworld...

By this time, Anastasia had passed two circles easily and gained two more followers, namely as Karen and Martin. That made those noisy people around her total of six.

She didn't know exactly why they were following her but she somehow felt that it was also essential for her to be acquainted by these people all throughout her journey in this netherland until she reached the end of it.

Anyway, she couldn't pay too much attention of these people right now. At this point of time, she had already reached the seventh circle. And to her despair, this circle was meant for her to suffer more.

And here she was a bit happy because she passed by two circles easily. Now she understood why.

The seventh circle was divided into three section. Outer, Middle and Inner Circle.

From where she was she could see the landscapes of the three sections.

The Outer Circle was full of blood and fire.

The Middle Circle was a dark forest.

And lastly, the Inner Circle was a scorching hot desert.

Anastasia thought pledging some of her organs and parts of her body were the worst decision she would make in this journey. Obviously, there were more in the house store for her.

"Shall we enter the Outer Circle now?" Goethe asked her.

"You can't be feeling scared by now, right?" Karen even raised an eyebrow at her.

"Scared? Are you taunting me?" Anastasia scoffed.

"Then why are we still not yet entering?"

"If you are in rush, go first then?"

"Now, now... Let's not fight yet. We have another time for it." Aunt Salve intervened between them. Then she walked towards Anastasia and hooked her arms on her. "Darling, Anastasia, you know we cannot enter another circle without your lead. So just ignore Karen's urgency. She is just excited."

Anastasia removed Aunt Salve's on hers and then looked forward.

She knew that, of course.

But... the past few circles were taking its stall on her mental and physical strength. And just by looking at these three divisions, she knew the last few circles would not be getting any better anymore.

It could only go downwards as she kept moving forward.

Anastasia couldn't help tighten her fist and clenching her jaw.

Why did she have to suffer so much just to get what she wanted?

Both in her past life and even in this life time...

Her eyes flashed then.

It was all because of that Nyssa.

Her life this time should have been better. She was doing better before she met her. After they encountered each other, that was when she had to suffer so much once again.

Damn it!

She swore! She would make Nyssa and her friends pay for all these worst things she had to went through.

She would definitely have a payback.

And with that thought, she decided to continue moving forward.

What she didn't notice was the triumphant smile behind her and a certain glow on Karen's fingers.

***