76: Quest to the Southern Canyon 7

Nyssa, after half day of walking around, finally found the Divine Beast.

Gaya ng inaasahan niya, it was on top of the canyon where the energy was very dense.

To anyone else, this area of the canyon might be appealing. But for Nyssa, it wasn't. She had long known that her Void had also thick energy dependent on area.

She could simply enter her Void, sat where the energy was condensed and she could already cultivate.

"Un... My Void is still the best." Nyssa muttered happily.

Then she continued walking towards the egg.

That's right.

The Divine Beast was still on its egg. But she guessed it would be hatched one of these days.

Anyway, she hid it first on her Void.

Since nagccultivate pa din naman si Jin and he might took more days before he finished then she would keep the egg first.

Anyway, it would be a perfect gift for Jin.

A congratulatory one if he successfully breakthrough the Mythic level.

And if not, it could be a consolation gift then.

Either way, it would only bring him happiness, right?

Nyssa quickly left the place.

She didn't want to encounter anyone. Lalo na kung malalakas ang mga ito.

She still loved her life after all.

***

On the other hand, Linda found Mara's body.

Kahit na hindi na makilala ang mukha nito, she was still positive that it was her base na rin sa damit nito. She also had her wooden name plate which served her identification.

Linda felt furious.

Just what the hell had happened here?

Could it be that Mara was defeated by that slut?

But she was just a mid Epic. They had one level difference. So how could that possibly happen?

Linda decided to look for Norin this time.

Hindi naman siya nahirapan na hanapin ito.

Just a short distance where she found Mara, Norin was lying on the ground.

Dead!

Norin was also dead!

Linda couldn't believe this at all.

These two bunches of weakling, to get defeated by that slut... What a shame!

She gritted her teeth.

That slut had been living too long now.

She had to get rid of her as soon as she could.

And so she set off once again. This time, to completely punish Nyssa by killing her two companions.

***

Nyssa had another day of life.

She wandered around the forest after she got the Divine Beast.

She also met few sacred beasts around but they were all within her easy kill range.

Nagawa pa nga niyang makakain at makapagpahinga kinagabihan.

That whole day, her life was kind of peaceful.

Unfortunately for Nyssa, that was the last peace she would have in this forest. The next day, she was really meant to meet her doom.

Halfway back to where the safe zone was, she finally met Linda.

This maid was the one who always at Celine's side mula pa noong una niyang makilala ang dalaga.

She was the maid who would glared at her all the time, gaya ng young miss niya.

Nyssa never thought though that they would encountered each other with the intention of fighting.

"Eh? Are you lost too?"

"Stop your pretense. You think you can escape me if you play dumb?"

"Chill... Masyado ka namang hotheaded. I am just trying to make a small talk, you know."

"There's no need for that. Save your breath because today will be your last."

Nyssa shrugged.

She could feel the peak Legendary might of Linda. But she wasn't frightened at all. Not that she had any counter for Linda's strength though.

"I wanna thank you for what you have done with Mara and Norin. I see that we have underestimated you a lot. For you to get rid of them, it was really out of our expectation."

Nyssa scratched the tip of her nose.

"Really... I was just lucky. There's no need to thank nor to praise me too much."

Linda gritted her teeth upon seeing that nonchalance of Nyssa.

"Lucky, you say? Unfortunately, you won't have that today."

With that, Nyssa and Linda's chase started.

***

"Damn..." Nyssa cursed under her breath.

For her to be trapped between Linda and cliff again, she must really be a nuthead for not learning from her encounter with Mara.

After the whole day of chasing, Nyssa stopped running after she reached the top of the cliff. At kung minamalas pang lalo, this cliff was higher than the last time.

Linda laughed loudly.

"What? Can't run anymore?"

Nyssa breathed deeply saka niya hinarap si Linda with a smug smile.

"Let's take a break eh. Running for that whole day... Sure it is good for the heart but one needs to rest too."

She attempted to walk past Linda but before she could even so, the latter used her fire energy to block her way.

In order to dodge the fire energy, Nyssa stepped back and she was back on top of the cliff again.

"Oh come on... It is no fun to end it like this, right?"

"I only have one goal. You cannot escape your demise today."

The two of them engaged in tug of war then.

One who wanted to get away from the clifd while the other wanted to keep her there, cornered.

Nyssa was as usual speedy again.

But Linda could easily blocked her dahil na rin sa mas mataas niyang cultivation level.

She could now understand well how terrifying the higher level's difference of power.

In fact, Nyssa was already so focused and serious in facing Linda. She was hoping to get at least an opening to once again runaway from her.

She would rather continue their chase than being cornered like this.

Despite this, Linda was still able to hurt her. Though they were just a bit but if her reflex wasn't fast enough then she wouldn't be able to escape Linda's ferocious moves.

Really... This was giving Nyssa a headache.

She needed to think of a way to escape this predicament.

Otherwise, she might be really meeting her end anytime soon.

***