119: Leon

Another half a year later...

"Come on, come on..." Nyssa said. She adjusted her grip on the back of the Aguila.

When the bird was flying upward or downward, she was hugging his nape securingly. When he was going side ways, she was balancing herself on his back accordingly.

And when he was spiraling...

That's the last test she needed to accopmlish before taming the bird completely.

She had been attempting to perfect it these past few days but today...

She honestly felt confident today.

She had to.

Kapag nagkataon, this would also be her last attempt to tame him.

She already reached the Mythic level a week ago and she was only given this last chance of Maru before they leave this place.

So she had to do it this time.

"Come on, come on..." Nyssa chanted once again.

The bird just finished leaning on his right. He would now lean on his left.

Soon, he would begin spiraling.

With sheer focus, she prepared for it. And when the bird started to gain his momentum for his spiral flying, Nyssa sat on his back like one should ride a rodeo bull.

She only had that small time to complete her preparation.

Finally, the bird did its spiral flying at the same time Nyssa manipulated the gravity and space around her.

With that, she successfully secured herself at the back of the bird. She was unmoving and remained there ano pa man ang gawing klaseng paglipad ng Aguila.

The bird himself realized what she had done. He even tried to fly spirally upwards  but Nyssa remained on his back.

After a while...

Both of them landed on the ground. The Aguila transformed into its human form.

"You pass the test."

Nyssa was beaming at him. "I know, right? Finally!"

"Do you really want to form a soul contract with me?"

"Of course. I work hard to overcome your flying for the past months. All because I want to form a contract with you."

The bird sighed. He was obviously attached to this place and didn't want to leave.

But then again, he setup that challenge for anyone who wanted to conquer him. For the past thousand years, no one was able to do it. Except for this tiny but stubborn fellow.

He once again sighed and then kneeled on one knew in front of Nyssa.

"Drop your blood on me then."

Nyssa nodded and produced a knife. With a slash on her palm, dark red liquid flowed out from there then she quickly put some on his head.

The blood dissolved and she finally felt another power was forming along side of hers and Maru's soul.

She now had two ancient beasts!

When the light of contract binding was finally gone, Nyssa smiled towards the bird before her and tapped his head.

"You've done well."

But what she didn't expect was the astounded expression on the Aguila's face.

"You also have the Adarna Bird?"