117: Six Months Later 3

"What happened to you?"

Jin asked her when she went back from chasing the Aguila one day.

She was also surprised to see him still awake kahit wala ng araw ng makabalik siya.

Though she knew he could already stay awake for hours but this was still the first time na inabutan niyang gising ang binata.

"You are still awake!" Nyssa exclaimed.

"Yes. In fact, nakapagcultivate na rin ako ngayong hapon."

"That's great, Jin!"

Nyssa was smiling widely but when sat beside Jin, she couldn't help wincing in pain.

She thought she sprained her hips this time.

"Di mo pa sinasagot ang tanong ko." Jin reminded her.

Nyssa waved her hand. "I fell. Namali ako ng talon while trying to get on the back of the Aguila. Unfortunately, it was hard to concentrate while freefalling. I wasn't able to do manipulation quickly."

"Just give up on that ancient beast. I told you so many times. You won't be able to tame him." Singit ni Maru sa usapan nila.

"I will give up kapag paalis na tayo dito sa gubat. But while I am not yet in Mythic level and we are still going to stay here, I cannot give up on him." Nyssa said nonchalantly.

Maru couldn't help rolling her eyes.

Her obstinancy knew no limit at all sometimes.

Dahil wala na rin naman siyang magagawa sa desisyon nito, she just decided to treat her then.

Jin helped Nyssa to go to her room in the hut at doon siya ginamot ni Maru.

After a while, Nyssa felt good as new again.

Ang totoo, di lang naman ngayon ito nangyari. Several times, she would really end up falling pretty bad. Fortunately, Maru was there to rescue her.

"You know, I think the Aguila was testing me. I have a feeling na inaasahan niyang madadaanan ako everyday and that I will chase after him."

"Are you saying na may gusto sayo yung ancient beast na yun?" Jin asked.

"No, silly! I mean, he also wanted me to become his master. But he has to take care of his reputation as ancient beast."

"I say, you are such a delusional." Singit naman ni Maru sa kanila.

"It's true, Maru! There is this specific place in the forest kung saan bigla siyang magsslow down so I can jump on his back. Then his test is how long I can stay there despite his chaotic flying. Unfortunately, kung hindi ako namamali ng talon, ay hindi naman ako makatagal pa sa likuran niya.

"He isn't yet as gentle as you, Maru. I really like it when we are flying together."

Maru just raised her chin and had an "Of course!" expression on her face.

Napangiti lang si Nyssa dahil doon.

***

The next day...

"Since you can already cultivate, you must also resume training the combine elements technique." Nyssa said to Jin.

"That's my plan to do today. I will attempt ot first at kapag wala namang naging negative effect sa katawan ko, I will train it as usual.

"But right now, let me just get rid of these hairs first."

Nyssa chuckled. See? She was right. He was really a neat guy.