184: The Prophecy 4

(Flashback)

One day, back to the cliff where Loki and Weiss were living...

"Okay! Out with it! What are you two hiding from me? It's been days since I successfully completed the Advance Manipulations. Why is it until now, you don't seem have a plan to teach me about the last type of Void Manipulation, eh?" Nyssa even squinted her eyes towards Maru and Leon who were obviously having moments with each other. She finally confronted her two ancient beasts as aside from the fact that she wanted to get stronger for the upcoming war, she also couldn't take anymore being a lightbulb around them lately. So bitter!

"Fine." Maru said nonchalantly, waved her hand and a book appeared out of thin air. "Here. Read the concept well."

Nyss reached for the book. For a moment, she was speechless. But then she couldn't take the attitude of the lady bird anymore. "Maru, don't you think you are being too condescending right now?"

"You complain a lot, you know?"

"How can I not? You are being suspicious lately. You usually the one to push me into practicing the Void Manipulations but as soon as I completed the Advance type, you stop being pushy. And now that I confronted you, you simply handed me the book just like that."

Maru simply waved her hand to dismiss Nyssa's doubt. "Whatever. I handed you the book already. You can study about the last type on your own."

Nyssa felt something was wrong. She squinted her eyes once again as she stared at Maru.

The bird, on the other hand, rolled her eyes when she saw this.

"What else do you want?"

"Aren't you going to help me practice it?"

"You cannot practice it. Just memorize and understand well the concept."

"What? Why?"

But Maru didn't respond to her anymore. When Leon saw her attitude, he decided to take over the conversation.

"While the Common and Advance Types consume your mental and spiritual energy, the last type is completely different. It consumes one life force. Only when the circumstance is very hopeless that you should use this type of manipulation because once you do, it may also mean..."

"My death." Nyssa finished Leon sentence with a dry mouth.

No wonder.

When she skimmed at the book before the foreword for the last type was like this.

'An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth.'

The last type of Void Manipulation was called Space Realm. As the name itself, it is practically creating a new small world. A world within a world. Nyssa understood. Something this powerful really required of the same value. Unfortunately for her, it was actually meant her life.

Nyssa had somehow passed by on this chapter before and caught her interest right away just by reading its title. She wanted to read it right there and then but Maru caught her and thwarted her plan right away.

Anyhow, right now, after she heard Leon's words, her excitement was extinguish instantly and replaced by worry instead.

"Well... Hindi naman siguro ako magkakaroon ng pagkakataon na gamitin to di ba?" She muttered aloud and hesitantly.

Maru simply threw her a judging look as if calling her 'naive' while Leon turned silent.

Of course. They also hoped there wouldn't be a time she needed to use this last type of Void Manipulation.