39: Festival Competition 2

Soon, the Test Masters arrived.

They were gliding on the air even without the part of the void. An indicator that their cultivation was way way above than them.

"Participants...

"Welcome to the Central City Festival.

"Thank you for participating in this competition. We hope you the best as you contest with one another while your skills are being tested.

"May you have all the divine deities' blessings."

People cheered after the welcome speech nung nasa gitna.

Then the man on his left raised his hand and everyone quieted.

"This competition is divided into three tasks. Mainly, you just have to survive the first two of them and make sure na by the dawn of the fifth day nasa venue na kayo ng third test. Otherwise, you will be eliminated.

"As for the third test, special rewards are waiting for the winner."

Winner?

So it means isa lang talaga ang mananalo.

Nyssa's eyes landed on Toby but he seemed unperturbed about the news. Maybe he already knew about the sole winner of the competition.

She wondered, though...

Then her eyes moved on Toby's left kung saan nakatayo si Jin. He happened to be looking at her too. And when their eyes met, nginitian siya nito.

Nyssa just rolled her eyes at saka muling itinuon ang paningin sa mga Test Masters.

Though she couldn't help thinking that this Jin was not ordinary at all. She shouldn't let go of her guard down around him.

Anyway, the guy on the right was now talking.

"...Your first test will happen in this very venue few minutes from now.

"This first test is very simple. You just have to pass this golden bridge. But in order to do that, you have to pay the guards in the middle a certain amount of gold."

"Eh? Haven't we already paid for the registration fee?"

"Oo nga! Ano to, pagkakakitaan niyo muna kami ng sobra?"

But the Test Masters simply looked at those who spoke. They instantly quieted down.

"Masters, if you have any problem with the test, please feel free to quit."

Nyssa smirked by herself.

Ignorant fools were these participants who even thought of complaining. Did they think they matter at all? With these kind of competitions, only the Test Masters had the says.

"Can you tell us how much is this 'certain amount of gold?'" Adam asked.

The Test Master in the middle looked at him.

"The amount is the same as your weight in kilogram."

(A/N: Average gold bar has 12.4 kg. 😏)

Adam nodded while Nyssa sighed to herself.

Well, that amount? Mukhang sobra ata ang nadala niya.

"The first test will begin after five minutes. If you think you already have enough gold with you, then just approached the guards."

Then the three of them flew above and sat down on the flying board they had.

As Test Masters, they were required to oversee this competition from the beginning to the end.

Unfortunately, some of these participants were not bright enough kaya naman kadalasan, first test pa lang ay marami ng naeeliminate.

Not this time though...

The time limit was set on the third test. Not unless, hindi kayanin ng utak nila itong first test at sila mismo ang magquit.

And by the current looks of them now, mukhang mangangalahati sila agad ngayon.

"Around an hour ang pusta ko for the first passer." The Test Master on the right said.

"Too short. 2 hours utmost sa akin." Sabi nung nasa left.

"Come on. Have some faith with these people. 30 minutes..." The middle one said.

The two almost choked.

Parang hindi siya ang pinakamatagal na Test Master sa kanilang tatlo ah.

They didn't know if it was just his disposition in life or talaga lang masyadong mahaba ang pasensya niya.

Anyway, their bet was on and they passed the money to the middle guy.

***

Hindi nakaligtas sa mga mata ni Nyssa ang pagpupustahan nung tatlong Test Masters. She almost vomitted.

These men...

Umismid siya atsaka tumingin na lang sa orasan niya.

Three minutes...

Saka naman niya napuna that the little guy beside him was fidgeting.

"You okay, Loki?"

Alanganing tumango ang bata. In truth, he was worried. Too worried in fact...

Nyssa knew exactly what he was thinking, though.

But she just kept quiet and continued waiting for the time.

Until it was finally time...

***

When the five minute mark happened, people started to try their luck.

At first, those wealthy tried to use their own money.

But the guards refused them.

Then they noticed an Element Scale at the front of the guards.

Seemed like this could be the key for the passage.

One of those guys read the inscription na nakaukit sa pinakagitna ng Element Scale.

"Feed me the most valuable items in the world..."

"Valuable items?"

Nyssa rolled her eyes.

Mas matalino pa siya sa mga ito eh.

Kahit hindi siya galing sa future, she knew that the most valuable items in the world were those connected to the five oldest elements of the world.

The others continued guessing for a while.

And Nyssa started to feel boredom kaya naman hindi na niya napigilan at nagpunta na sa unahan.

Instantly, the crowd parted.

They were curious how this lady would do this test, whether she would pass it or not.

When at the front, Nyssa glared at the people around her.

"Can you move backwards please?"

One made a face at her.

"Fine. As if you will really do it."

"And if I do?"

The man was speechless.

Nyssa looked so young but the way she put her hand on her waist and raised an eyebrow towards him was so unlikely of her age.

"Don't challenge me, sir. I am sure to pass this test. You just watch."

Saka tumalikod na si Nyssa and started.

***