178: Dark Guild vs United Cultivators 7

The reaction of Sacred Jade towards the increase of power of the other Sacred Objects within the void was obviously very destructive.

Although it hadn't begun to absorb Nyssa's blood yet but its mere black aura was enough to cause chaos within her. Also, that same aura which now covered her body had begun to affect the surrounding of hers.

In fact, Momiji, who was still lying on Nyssa's arms, was not spared. The blood on his body began to enter Nyssa's body towards the Sacred Jade.

Andy paled upon seeing this.

"Nyssa! The jade is absorbing Momiji's blood! He will disintegrate if this continues!"

Seeing that the lady had still no reaction, Andy began to harden his resolve and with a deep breath, he approached Nyssa.

As soon as the black aura touched him, he started to feel ill.

It was burning and freezing at the same time.

His flesh and insides were like being beaten thoroughly. And most of all, there was like an invisible force which began to suck all the liquid in his body.

"Nyssa, I am sorry. I know you have been through a lot already. But... but... I have to do this."

Andy gritted his teeth and slapped Nyssa's face just like what Raqie had done earlier.

"Come on... Come on..." He chanted.

The first time, he saw Nyssa's eyelids moving.

Seeing this small reaction from her, he was encouraged.

While apologizing to Nyssa, he once again struck her.

"Nyssa! Please! Wake up now. If you don't, there will be more Momiji here! Can you afford to lose more people you love?! Please, open your eyes now! I know you have been hurt a lot. But you can't give up now. Otherwise... otherwise..."

Andy kept on telling her these things. His eyes began to tear up too.

In fact, his heart hurt just by telling her these things. His heart hurt because of putting all these burdens on her. He used to say that Nyssa had never had an easy life. That in this war, they should not put everyone's fate on her just because of some prophecies or beliefs.

But hear what he was saying to her now. He regretted it. But he couldn't stop himself at all.

Seeing how hopeless their situation now, he could only beg Nyssa to wake up and sacrifice for them.

"Nyssa, please... I beg you..."

It was on the fifth slap did Nyssa finally regained her consciousness completely.

She felt sick.

Her whole body was aching. Not just outside but also inside.

Her mental capacity and meridian had been harmed.

Her void was also damaged.

She once again coughed up blood.

That very moment though, she felt someone hugging her.

"Thank God. You're awake now."

What welcomed Nyssa's vision stunned her for a moment. It took her a short while to realize what she was seeing and when she did, her heart began to feel a terrible pain.

"A-andy... What happened to you?"

The Andy on top her was very pale despite the blood stains on some part of his face. His cheeks and body were gaunt, almost like dried up skin and bones, almost unrecognizable. It was too horrifying to see most especially for Nyssa who had just woken up.

What the hell did just happen to him?! He was still very healthy some moments ago, right?! Why was he like this now? Very contratry to the last moment she saw him!

Panic began to rise in her chest as several possibility of events entered her mind. Her body began to tremble.

"Andy..." She choked up as she called him.

"The jade, Nyssa. Let it go."

Nyssa did what he said right away.

As soon as she took out the Sacred Jade from the Void, she realized how more chaotic its aura had been. It was in the Void so somehow, its power and evilness had been suppressed. But now that she had taken it out, it seeked to be freed and joined the other Sacred Objects to their massacre.

Nyssa realized that she could no longer hold on to the Sacred Jade anymore. She hoped to cleanse it and diminish the chance of Moira completely using these Sacred Objects during this war but it was too late, she guess.

When she finally let the jade go, it flew away from her and went towards the direction of the battle front. She could guess that Moira must be there with the other two Sacred Objects.

Once the jade left them though, it was as if a huge suppression had left them in an instant.

Nyssa sighed deeply then her eyes landed on Andy who looked very sick at the moment.

'Maru...' She summoned the ancient bird mentally.

Hindi naman naghintay ng matagal sila Nyssa at Andy. A few minutes later, Maru arrived together with Leon.

"Heal him, Maru. I will leave him to you."

For the first time, Maru didn't refuse to heal someone else other than Nyssa. After all, without Andy, they would have lost their master because of the Sacred Jade.

"Andy, don't worry. You will be okay. Maru is  here. She will heal your body."

The lad could only nod his head. His eyes were closed. His cheeks had lost its plumpness. And his whole person lost its color.

It was very hard to see him like that. Nyssa's heart almost couldn't take it. She knew how this person always spoke for her well-being. While others calling for her to fight, he would speak about fairness on her behalf.

"Please manage to stay alive for quite longer, okay?"

Nyssa would never forget this request of his to her years ago. And she had always been grateful for his concern towards him.

She wanted to remember how he used to be but she knew, remembering how he was right now, was what she needed at the moment.

Maru took Andy from her and told her, "Go. They need you at front line."

Nyssa breathed deeply. She was shaking a bit and was still feeling a little weak due to the Sacred Jade's dark aura around her moments ago but she forced herself to stand up.

No time for weakness now. She would definitely not want more Momiji and Andy. She didn't want to lose anyone else.

Leon quickly knelt in front of her with his back before her. "Hop on, Nyssa. I will fly you to the front line."

Nyssa didn't hesitate anymore and hopped on Leon's back right away, who instantly turned into his bird form and soon, both of them had been flying towards the front of the battle field.

***