14: Beastly Forest

"We're here."

Brock announced as soon as they hopped out of the portal once again.

They reached a place that looked like a forest. Most of the recruits didn't know that this place was not exactly famous because of the dangers lie within its perimeter. But few of them knew.

"This..." Nyssa couldn't help but to utter as she recognized the place these Central Cloud students brought them.

Hindi niya alam kung matutuwa ba siya that they brought them in a familiar place for her o hindi. But one thing is for sure, mukhang mapapalaban sila ng bonggang bongga ngayon.

"You seem to be familiar with this place." Somone uttered behind her.

Nyssa almost cursed. Minsan talaga adapt na adapt niya ang pagiging tanga eh.

When she checked who it was, she saw Raqie there.

Of course, Nyssa was aware about the people around her lalo na yung mga minamanmanan siya. And this Raqie was one of them.

Hindi naman niya masisi ang mga ito na manmanan siya.

First of all, she announced her advancement in cultivation in a very short time.

Then, she asked question about the portal being the void.

And she didn't even hide the fact how comfortable she was inside the portal when she shouldn't even be.

She did all of that without caution at all.

Well, it was on purpose. She needed to see who were among them she should be careful of. And these people who are observing her definitely fall under that category.

Too much knowledge is not a good thing at all.

Nyssa didn't need two lifetimes to know that.

She sighed and faced Raqie, making sure to put up her innocent face.

"I do. This is exactly as what Alexandra had described to me." At this point of time, she never feared dropping off Alexandra's name. Oh well, mukhang hindi ito ang magiging una at huli.

She needed a huge name to cover her mishaps in the future. And lucky for her, Anastasia has a sister ready to rescue.

"I see. Then you must be aware what are in this place." Raqie smirked at her. "I am loooing forward for your survival then." Then she walked away.

Nyssa made a face.

If she's not being careful of divulging too much of what she knows, pinatulan na niya yang si Raqie eh. Even in this lifetime, she is still a sarcastic bitch.

Yes, Nyssa knew Raqie.

In fact, she knew exactly who are these Central Cloud council members. Most especially sila Brock at Raqie.

In her old life, it is just normal to have people to oppose her. And no, it was not Moira.

Truth be told, malaki pa rin ang pakinabang sa kanya ng kapatid at tatay niya. She traveled and looked for treasures and most of it ay napupunta sa pamilya nila. So kahit ano pang galit nung dalawa sa kanya, they couldn't just get rid of her easily.

But for Brock and Raqie?

They were her nemesis.

Sila yung tinik sa lalamunan ni Nyssa kada may mission siya.

If she wasn't stronger than them, baka nabulilyaso na nilang lahat ang mga naging plano niya noon.

Well, these Central Cloud students are actually like protectors of citizens, civilization and etc. Lahat ng pwede nilang protektahan, pprotektahan nila. All to maintain peace among people.

And Nyssa, as a treasure hunter, was considered as disruptor of this peace.

Aminado din naman siya eh, that what she was doing back then was not exactly honorable. Do you really think treasures can be easily obtain?

That's why treasures are precious. They require an effort of a mind and action. Lalo na yung mga treasure na guarded at may nagmamay-ari na.

And her joining now this school was not just exactly to help Anastasia with her cultivation. This opportunity to invade the enemy's territory came to her, sa palagay ba ay palalagpasin niya ito?

Nah. That's not her exactly if she lets it pass.

With that thought, she smirked while watching the back of Raqie.

She can keep being a bitch towards her but in the end, Nyssa will gain the most. That's for sure.

Before that though, she needs to survive this initiation test.

***

Lahat ng recruits ay tinipon nila Brock sa clearing.

As of now, they are still in hundreds. But soon, this number will drastically fall.

Especially that the test this year is harder than the previous.

"Remember, all you need to do is survive and make sure to kill at least one spiritual beast before the sun sets. You cannot have any help from us but you can form alliance with the other recruits. Afterall, group has more success to kill a spiritual beast." Brock announced.

"However, can you really trust your co-recruits right now and form alliance? Remember, you can kill AT LEAST one spiritual beast. But it doesn't limit you to that. Who knows what await those who can kill more than one of them?" Raqie added with a smirk. Obviously, she meant to create discord and doubt among them. Smart move.

Agad naman siyang sinaway nila Naomi at Andy. Habang si Brock naman ay hindi pinansin si Raqie at nagbigay na agad ng signal na umpisa na ng test.

For a moment, the clearing was very quite. They are either busy observing the clearing or observing the recruits around them.

Then suddenly, movements on the ground was felt by everyone.

"They are here." Someone said and they were suddenly surrounded by hundreds of spiritual beast in different sizes and power levels.

Immediately, the killings begin. But it wasn't just them versus the spiritual beasts. The recruits obviously fell for Raqie's bait. They also started attacking each other.

Feeling the suffocating energies around her, Nyssa quickly removed herself from the crowd.

Her cultivation level is still too low therefore, too much energies from different people is not good for her at all.

She found a perfect spot with one of the nearest trees. She could easily see below and attack if she wanted to. Yun ay kung kaya ba niyang umatake.

These damn spiritual beasts are at least in one-star Master level. How can she even fight one using her own skills?

Bukod pa doon, her cultivation level might have increased for three levels within two months but truth be told, parang wala naman itong epekto. She can't even summon even a small flame or any of the elements.

It only increased her body's agility and adaptability. But other than that, she's as good for nothing as before.

Napahinga na lang siya ng malalim.

Well, rather than dwelling on her flaws, she better focused with the more pressing issue at the moment.

Nandito na siya eh. She was already surrounded by enemies.

So ang choice niya na lang is to survive or to die.

And definitely, madami pa siyang gustong gawin para lang mamatay in this early stage.

She took her two long blades and dived towards the nearest spiritual beast.

***