135: Lightning Tribulation 2

"How are you feeling?" Toby asked Nyssa.

It was midnight nang magkamalay ang dalaga. Everyone around them were already asleep.

Kanya kanya na nga silang pwesto sa Infirmary.

However, he couldn't sleep out of worry for Nyssa.

Kaya naman ng magmulat ito, he was very relieved.

"I feel... normal." Nyssa said matapos niyang pakiramdaman ang sarili.

Totoo, she experienced pain she had never had before. She could still remember those lightning hitting her body and electricuting her meridians.

She thought she was about to die from that.

Even with the help of Leo and Maru, it was still crazily too much.

Unexpectedly, right now, she felt so light and normal.

As if those didn't happen earlier.

"That's good then." He sighed in relief and sat beside Nyssa since she sat on bed. "You really scared and shocked us. Imagine, two level ups, aren't you back being a monster, ha?"

"Toby, can you please not address me like that?"

"Totoo lang sinasabi ko."

Nyssa pursed her lips.

"You better consolidate your qi first bago niyo ituloy ang pag-aactivate sa bloodline ni Brock. For sure, you will level up again, after helping him. Though it is a good thing, but it might give your power instability if you don't consolidate it even for a few days."

"Don't worry. I already have a plan. Inside my Void, I can manipulate the time there. At most, I can change the time for 10 days inside into 1 day here. Doon na lamang ako magcconsolidate para kahit tatlong araw lang dito, doon naman ay 30 days."

"That's a good idea."

"I will go in the Void then. Just explain it to them when they wake up."

Toby nodded.

"And stop worrying too much about me. Look at the dark circles under your eyes. Baka biglang maghanap ng iba si Khalil, sige ka."

Before Toby could even say anything, Nyssa already went to the Void with a laugh.

***

Nyssa, Brock and Wayne did the same thing as they had with Raqie for almost three months. One month for each of them with a few days rest interval for Nyssa.

Before they knew it, lumipas na ang tatlong buwan.

They successfully activated their Guardian bloodlines and now, their cultivation also increased in speed.

In fact, just days ago, Raqie and Brock already stepped into the peak of Holy level while Wayne was able to breakthrough towards the Initial Level Major God.

As for Nyssa, she was a bit fortunate to level up six times during this time. She was now in Three Star Holy Level.

When Toby realized na naungusan na siya ng dalaga sa cultivation, he couldn't help but to feel devastated for a few days.

That was really unfair!

He was already considered as one of the genius from Southern Island, kasama sila Jin, Adam at Khalil.

During this one year, he worked hard and followed strictly the cultivation prepared for them by Wayne. Then he finally stepped into Holy level.

But now, because of Nyssa helping these three to activate their bloodlines, she leveled up greatly until she was two stars ahead of him.

Just what the heck, right?

Though hindi naman talaga siya nakikipagkumpetensya sa dalaga. He knew a long time ago that she had a monstrous physique.

For several times, she would simply breakthrough just like that.

But still... couldn't he feel frustrated by being surrounded by these more abberant people around him? It was quite depressing sometimes, really.

"Stop sulking, alright? Here... Take this notebook. This contains several martial arts techniques suited for your element. I am sorry that I cannot give you a cultivation technique just like what I handed down to Jin. To be honest, most of the best cultivation books and memories I had hunted in the past life were all given to the Ryder Clan.

"I only kept those I thought was necessary for me. Truly, I shouldn't have done that. I help them to get stronger but they've used their strengths against me. What a bummer..." Nyssa said with a sigh.

It had been several days since Toby had beem sulking. Of course, naiintindihan din naman niya ang pinagdadaanan ng kaibigan.

She could vividly remember that depressing feeling habang lahat ng nakapaligid sayo ay lumalakas except for you.

Tody had different case though.

He wasn't entirely a lost cause like how she did years ago.

He just needed an opportunity.

And since she had that, bakit niya pa iyon ipagdadamot, di ba?

Toby sighed and then looked at Nyssa.

"You don't have to give me anything. Pwede mo namang hayaan lang akong magmukmok ng ilang araw, babalik din naman ako sa dati uli."

"Yeah, I know that. But I am giving this to you because I really intend to do so." Saka niya ipinakita ang dalawa pang notebook para naman kanila Khalil at Adam.

"See? I also wrote one for Khalil and Adam. I did this while we were in the Condemned Forest. I tried to recall everything I know so I can help the three of you to increase your fighting or cultivation level. Alangang si Jin lang ang maswerte, di ba?"

Toby was actually touched by Nyssa's thoughtfulness.

He accepted the notebook and scanned it.

Anyway, he tried to play it cool and decided to tease Nyssa instead.

"Malay ko ba kung bias ka sa kanya? If I know, noon pa lang pinagnanasaan mo na siya no."

"Hoy, Toby... You know that's not true! Grabe ka talaga sa akin." She complained with a pout.

Toby couldn't help laughing because of how defensive she got.

Of course, he knew that. But why was she seemed so guilty?

***

Five days after nilang matapos ang activation ng bloodlines ng tatlo, they finally went back to the Central Cloud.

Doon lang din nila nalaman ang balita tungkol kanila Alexandra.

In fact, that same day na nakabalik sila, the new Council President and Andy were in the middle of hologram call with them.

"You are finally back, Nyssa." Alexandra said.

"Yes. It took us a while due to several reasons. Anyway, kamusta ang paghahanap niyo sa mga base ng Dark Guild at kay Anastasia?"

For a moment, there were silence on the line.

Alexandra was looking grim that somehow, kinutuban na si Nyssa sa ibabalita nito.

However, the silence was broken by Zaki.

"We were able to take down those bases na itinuro mo sa amin. Mostly from Central Island. The time still isn't enough though. There are lots of them in the whole continent lalo na sa Eastern at Northern Island. My group and Jin's are trying to locate them. Somehow, may progress naman kami.

"As for Anastasia..."

Zaki hesitated but then Alexandra finished the sentence for him.

"We confirmed that she has gone to  Netherworld after nilang salakayin ang Meng Residence noon."

This news brought uncertainty to everyone.

***