147: Fourth Guardian 2

"So? Bakit daw pinapunta ni Asyang ang mga... nomads na yun sa tent niya?" Felix asked the youths na inutusan niyang mag-espiya kanila Nyssa.

Napayuko lang naman ang mga ito.

"What? Don't tell me you aren't able to get any information at all?"

"Sorry po. Three of them were guarding the outside of the Main tent."

"Damn it!" Palatak ni Felix.

Obviously, these nomads were an eyesore for him since they appeared here in Meridius Sun Tribe. If this was Neretos, he could have thrown them away already.

Anyway, the youths flinched when Felix suddenly yelled like that.

Napailing naman si Rossi who stood up, paid the youths and sent them out.

"Careful to your actions in front of my tribesmen, Felix." Paalala ni Rossi kay Felix.

The latter just scoffed.

"Those nomads are really testing my patience. I told them not to roam around but they still do so. Now they are trying to get close with the old woman."

"In the first place, bakit ba pinag-iinitan mo ang mga iyon? They are nomads, they cannot do anything at all because we are more than them."

"Felix hates nomads, Rossi. He had bad experienced with them before." Prince Akito explained.

"I-it is not just about that, Your Highness. I think their presence will be disrupt our plans at all."

"You are thinking too much, Felix. Do not worry. Ilang araw na lang din naman ay magseselection na. The stage is almost done too." Rossi said.

Felix was still frowning but at least hindi na siya nagreklamo pa.

"Well, para sa ikakapanatag ng kalooban ni Felix, you might as well assign people to monitor these nomads, Rossi."

"Yes, Your Highness."

***

The same afternoon, Vina visited them again. She apologized to Nyssa and Maru on behalf of her grandmother.

After they left, she asked Nana Asyang about what had happened. The old woman told her the reason which surprised her really.

The truths of Nyssa's life seemed to engross her grandmother too much. She had never acted like that before.

Anyway, Vina saw the shame in her grandmother's expression. So she decided to visit them and apologize on behalf of her grandmother.

"Also, she wants to meet with you again this night." Vina added.

"I understand. We will be there tonight then." Nyssa quickly accepted the invite. She of course knew the reason why and it was of utmost importance for them to talk about it as soon as they could.

"It will be just like this morning. The three will be guarding outside and Nyssa and I will be inside to meet your grandmother." Maru added.

"Of course."

Time passed by and the night finally came.

Gaya ng inaasahan, the five of them were once again out of their tents and visited the Main tent where Nana Asyang was staying.

Vina was a bit anxious about this meeting dahil sila sila din ang nagmeet kaninang umaga and it didn't end well.

She was afraid that there would be tension between Nyssa and her lola.

However, to her amazement, what was happening right now was contrary to what she was expecting.

Instead of tension, there was excitement to the atmosphere around her.

"I am glad you have still accepted my invitation, Nyssa, despite what I owe you for two lifetimes."

Vina was schocked.

Her lola called Nyssa using her real name and not as Neri. She was so stunned by it that she wasn't able to catch the fact that her grandmother mentioned "two lifetimes".

Nyssa chuckled. "Of course, Nana Asyang. Why are you so surprised though, Vina? Of course, your lola will find out about my true identity. She had read the truths of my life so definitely, she would know that I am not Neri but Nyssa."

Vina's opened mouth had closed when Nyssa said that. Ang totoo, she never thought that her grandmother would find out about their lies after na mabasa nito ang palad ng dalaga.

She was too absorbed of making her grandmother know about what Nyssa had done for their tribe that she neglected that part.

Fortunately, things weren't as terrible as it seemed.

Her grandmother seemed to mind at all about her lying.

In fact, the old woman didn't look at her at all. She was to focus with Nyssa.

"Don't worry. I understand why we need to hide her identity for now. Anyway, I'd like to tell you something, Nyssa."

"Please speak."

"I am sure you might be wondering why I accepted the Neretos Sun Tribe's interferance with my tribe. Why I let them distribute pills and why I let the upcoming Selection to happen."

Nyssa nodded.

"Prince Akito and Felix told me that they are connected to the Void user from Eastern Island." The old woman said na nagpataas sa kilay ni Nyssa.

Since when did she have connection with them, eh?

Anyway, she let the old woman continued.

"You see, I know for a fact that this time, the Void user will be from Eastern Island. The stars divulged it to me. And amongst us three Sun Tribes, it is only our tribe who has a fortune to be a reader of palms and stars."

"I see. Since you know the Void user will come from the Eastern Island and they said they have connection to them, then you have accepted and let them do things in here freely." Nyssa muttered.

The old woman simply nodded.

"Amongst the three Sun Tribes, Neretos and Meridius have descendants of the Guardians. I thought they are able to activate the bloodline of theirs. But I seem to have been deceived."

"You really are."

Vina, who was silently listening at the sideline, was suddenly too interested with what they were talking about.

Descendants of the Guardians?

Wasn't she one of those?

Pinaglipat niya ang tingin sa kanyang lola at kay Nyssa. The old woman was still ignoring her. But the lady...

Nyssa looked at her with a smile and then winked.

That's when she realized, this meeting must have related to her.

***