11: New Recruits

"Not you. You are not in the list."

Raqie told one of the talents of Meng residence.

Of course, the youth was surprised. Ganun din ang mga Elders at sila Czar at Alexandra.

These youths were handpicked since they were kids. Meaning, bata pa lamang sila ay nakitaan na sila ng skill na aangat sa iba. Even Alexandra approved the eight of them.

"Baka naman nagkakamali ka lang ng basa. Can you check your list again? You said eight youths are written there. And these eight are the best youths that the Meng has." Sabi ng isang elder kay Raqie na agad niyang tinaasan ng kilay.

"Are you saying na hindi ako marunong magbasa?" Mataray na tanong ni Raqie dito na agad nagpaatras sa matanda.

Agad namang pumagitna si Naomi sa kanila saka nito kinuha ang listahan sa kamay ni Raqie.

"Now, now, calm down, Raqie. I am sure this elder doesn't mean that. Let me just double check the list, okay?"

Agad na nagpasalamat yung elder kay Naomi na ngumiti lang. Si Raqie naman ay umismid lang but let Naomi double checked the lists.

Again, the name of that person was not in there. Na talaga namang nakapagpabigla sa kanila.

"Then, do you mind telling us who that person na nakasama jan sa listahan niyo?" Astra asked. Of course, she was hoping na isa iyon sa mga anak niya. One of them could be really that gifted na kahit hindi pa abot sa edad ay nakonsidera agad ito ng Central Cloud. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Mas mataas pang achievement yun kaysa sa naabot ni Alexandra. If that's really the case, then the possibility of competing against her as the heir of the clan would have a chance now.

As Alyanna and Arianna heard the excitement in their mother's voice, agad nilang nahulaan ang naiisip ng ina. Could it be one of them?

But their bubbles of hope were immediately burst when Naomi announced the name in the list.

"It's Anastasia... Anastasia Meng."

***

For a while, the whole residence was silence. Even Naomi suddenly felt awkward after she said the name. Was there a problem with that name?

As she was unsure, agad siyang lumingon kay Brock for help.

He immediately nodded at her and took over. He stepped forward and asked Alexandra.

"Senior, is there a problem with that name in our list?"

Doon natauhan si Alexandra though she still felt unsure about what was really happening.

Agad siyang umiling kay Brock.

"N-no. No problem with that. You got my sister's name correctly."

The five Central Cloud council members were surprised. May kapatid pala si Alexandra? Then she must be also an exceptional talent.

"That's great then. We will be very glad to know who your sister is, Senior Alexandra." Nakangiti pang sabi ni Andy.

Alexandra opened her mouth to speak pero wala siyang maisip na sabihin. A thousand questions flowed in her mind but who the hell could enlighten her about those?

"Impossible." Astra suddenly said. She was pale. But the way she said that one word immediately noticed by a lot of people around them. Even the five students of Central Cloud.

Czar suddenly coughed out loud. Doon naman natauhan si Astra dahil sa nagawa niya.

She knew very well how Czar would take it if one attempted to ashame one of his daughters in front of these crowd. Lalo pa sa harap ng mga bisita.

Astra opened her mouth to say something. An explanation or a way to retrieve what she had just said probably but her brain seemed to stop working suddenly.

Czar gave her a warning look and immediately, she closed her mouth.

"Young man, are you sure that Anastasia Meng is the name in your list?"

Agad na inabot ni Naomi kay Brock ang listahan so he could check. And when he saw the name, he immediately nodded.

"Okay. Someone call Anastasia then."

"Father..." Alexandra was about to protest. They knew very well Anastasia's skill. Wouldn't it be a suicide if they will let her come in Central Cloud? As she was a previous student of that school, she knew how hard the training in there. Paano pa kaya sa kagaya ni Anastasia?

But even her received a glare from Czar. She kept quiet but her hands behind her couldn't stop fiddeling with one another.

***

Czar sent people in Anastasia's room.

Para namang binuhusan ng ice bucket si Hazel. How could this be happening? Bakit bigla bigla ay hinahanap ng mga ito ang Miss niya?

What to do now?

"Lord Czar, Lady Anastasia was not in her room." Report noong inutusan niya na agad na ikinakunot noo nila Czar, Alexandra at Astra.

For quite a long time now, Anastasia was hiding herself inside her room. Her maidservant said she caught sickness which was also harmful for the visitors. It was also agreed upon by the family physician. So how come that the lady they were looking for was not even in her room?

"Get her maidservant here."

When Hazel heard that, agad na nangatog ang tuhod niya. She will surely get punished. But that's not what really concern her. Her Miss... how could she let her go alone? Paano kung kaya pala hindi pa ito nakakauwi ay dahil may nangyari na pala sa kanyang masama?

Soon, she was surrounded by Lord Czar's people and dragged her towards him. She immediately kneeled in front of him.

"Where is Anastasia?"

"M-milord..."

"Where is my daughter?"

Napapikit si Hazel. She knew how important for this lord his daughters. And if they only knew, among his daughters, it was Anastasia who had the softest part in his heart. That's because she was not like others. The poor lady was harmed on the day she was born. But even after that, wala na itong natamo kundi ang pambbully at pangmamata ng mga nasa paligid niya.

As much as he wanted to protect her all his life, he couldn't. He knew how it would harm her more if he would do so.

But there are times when he couldn't hide how he favored her more than the others.

And now that she was missing, how could he even keep his calm?

***