137: Before the Long Journey 2

"Andy, I do not want to break your heart. I know you only mean well by doing this. But... Maru is a healer type beast. I literally do not need these medicines."

Nyssa decided to tell the truth to Andy.

Kinabukasan kasi ay kumatok ito sa pintuan ng tinutuluyan nilang dorm ni Toby para lamang ihatid ang mga medisina sa kanya. He thought she needed to pack now since they would set off tomorrow.

"I know. But still, bring these in case. Mabuti na ang sigurado."

Napahinga na lang ng malalim si Nyssa.

She felt thankful though.

She didn't know why but since that fortunate recruitment day, it was as if she had been attached to these council members specifically.

"Gaya ng sabi ko dati, just keep staying alive, okay? Out there, things are unpredictable. You better be careful always."

"Un, Andy... I am joined by Toby, Maru and Leo. I am not alone. Rest assured that I will be protected well."

"You don't actually have to push yourself too much. We are all in this together, remember that. Kapag delikado na ang sitwasyon, just abandon your mission. I know you habe promised to bring the other four Guardians here. But you don't need to risk your life just to accomplish it. Maiintindihan naman namin."

"Of course. I am not a hero type so no need to worry."

"Yep. Not a hero type but a pushover. I hope you are no longer risking your life randomly just for something or someone else, eh?"

Napakamot na lang sa ilong niya si Nyssa.

Anyway, dahil kay Andy, they began packing na din.

After a while, Nyssa found herself in front of Czar's room.

She was about to knock but hesitated.

She just wanted to bid the old man goodbye. But she guessed she didn't need to, right? After all, sino ba siya para sa matanda? Baka lang lalo niyang masaktan ito dahil sa mukha niya. Reminding him of her beloved daughter might not be a good idea right now.

Her hands fell to her side then she sighed.

She was about to go when the door suddenly opened.

"Since you come, why are you leaving now?" It was Lord Czar himself who opened the door.

Nyssa was stunned for a moment. She quickly recovered though.

"Lor-... I mean, Papa." She changed it immediately since she saw the expression of the old man.

Agad naman itong napatango out of satisfaction after she changed it.

"Come in, Nyssa."

She entered the room and waited for Czar to close the door.

He occupied the seat on study table then told her to do the same.

"Himala at napadalaw ka sa akin."

Nahimigan niya ang pagtatampo sa boses ng matandang lalaki.

Which stunned her for a moment...

Was he really that easy to accept things?

He knew she wasn't her real daughter. But he could still act as if she was really his.

Nyssa was feeling a bit bothered about it. After all, she grew up in a non-affectionate home.

Czar however could more or less guess what was going on in her mind.

He sighed to himself.

How cruel that Octavian was to make a young lady feel this doubtful towards other's intententions? Hindi niya lubos maisip na magagawa ng isang ama ang ganoon sa anak.