92: Third Day 2

Maghapon na namula lang ang mukha ni Nyssa.

Paano ay maghapon ding hawak hawak ni Adam ang kamay niya.

The whole duration na nanatili silang dalawa sa area na yun, they were holding hands. People couldn't help looking at their direction. Kaya ng mapuna ni Nyssa iyon, agad siyang nakaramdam ng hiya.

These people were probably thinking that they were a couple eh?

Unfortunately, Adam was back to his stoic face. He neither talked to her nor let go of her hand.

It was really a bad day for Nyssa.

Nang maghahating gabi na, Adam finally stood up and walked back to their house.

This uneventful day of theirs...

Wasn't this confirm Nyssa's words this morning?

Did she really know that this area wasn't the target place?

Those were the questions in his mind.

Anyway, they reached the house at nagkagulatan pa silang tatlo nila Jin. Seemed like he was the first one to arrive.

His eyes drifted sa magkahawak na kamay nila Adam at Ana. When Adam saw that, he quickly let go of her hand.

"Finally, Adam! Kala mo naman tatakbuhan kita eh. Ah, my hand, my fingers... They almost have cramps."

"You did though."

"That was just once."

"Because you couldn't free yourself from my grasp. But if I let you go, malamang buong maghapon akong naghanap sayo."

"No way."

Hindi na siya pinatulan ni Adam habang amused lang naman silang pinanood ni Jin.

Adam also ignored the latter's inquiring eyes, instead he sat on one of the couches to rest.

"So wala ka ding naencounter?" Adam asked Jin.

He just shook his head as answer.

"You're the same, I guess."

Adam nodded.

Jin smiled and stood up. "I bought dinner anyway."

"Wah, Jin. You are still the best." Nyssa gave him a thumbs up which just made him chuckled.

"Do you think Khalil and Toby encounter them today?" Adam asked.

"Most likely..." Jin answered.

"Or pwede rin namang, nagdate lang silang dalawa di ba?" Ana added.

Bigla namang nagbukas ang pinto at pumasok mula doon ang dalawang pinag-uusapan nila.

"Yah, you dolt! Don't badmouth us behind our back." Toby told her as soon as he entered the house.

"Eh? Di naman ah."

"Mabuti nga sana if we could chill all day and just simply date, but damn, we were busy the whole day going here and there."

That complain from Khalil made them serious at once.

"So you encounter the kidnappers."

"Right. And they were quite a lot." Khalil nodded.

"And quite strong. One of them is on Mythic level."

Natahimik sila dahil doon.

It was Nyssa who broke the silence then.

"What to fear? Jin's also in Mythic level. He can handle that person if we really have to fight them. I am sure in terms of strength, hindi papatalo si Jin, right?"

"You think too highly of me."

"No need to be modest, Jin."

"You doesn't seem fazed though." Toby told her then he began setting the table when he saw the food bought by Jin.

"As long as we are not overpowered, there's no need to be fazed. See? You only mention that Mythic level. But the others... Is it right for me to assume that they are not worth mentioning at all?" She asked Toby.

Hindi naman sumagot ang binata but his face weren't worried at all, indicating the answer to her question.

"We can't be too confident. Those are still many Epic to Legendary level people." Khalil said.

"Okay. We won't be too confident then."

"Anyway, it is good for you not to initiate fight with them." Jin said.

"Kahit na gustuhin man namin na magligtas ng mga batang kinuha nila but with just the two of us, it was impossible. The least we could do was to follow them. But we were only able to follow them hanggang sa may dock."

"Dock?" Adam asked.

Khalil laid the map on the table at saka tinuro doon kung nasaan yung dock.

Gaya ng inaasahan ni Nyssa, it was the same one as before.

"That dock is weird though. It was unlike any area of this place. It was cold there and kinda creepy. Like a lot of lingering souls were there." Khalil shivered as he remembered the place.

"Well, that might be the reason why the dock is called as Sendoff Dock." Jin said matter of factly sabay turo sa pangalan ng dock sa mapa.

Napatango lang naman sila.

***

The next days, the five of them had their routines.

Three were focusing in planning for the next Third Day while the other two were going to the headquarters of the orphan kids to feed them.

Hinayaan lang din naman nila Jin na gawin iyon nila Nyssa.

After all, their mission was about missing children. These kids were susceptible too. They could be the targets anytime. Kaya naman hangga't kaya nilang maprotektahan ang mga ito, they should do it.

Anyway, Jin, Adam and Khalil focused in gathering information about the dock.

The citizens seemed to not know na doon dinadala ang mga kinukuhang bata at kinakarga sa isang barko.

It had something to do with the reputation of the dock itself.

The place gave off a creepy feeling and the citizens since a long time ago had stopped going at the dock for fear of losing their souls there.

Seemed like that reputation wasn't just because of this missing children cases but rather, because of a long time rumor going on that the dock was owned by a grim reaper that anyone set off from there would be directed to an island na siya ring entrance sa netherworld.

Setting off the deck could only mean death. No one had come back alive from there for a long time.

Those, however, were just rumors and hearsays only.

And it had been taken by the kidnappers as their advantage.

Knowing that no one would dare to look towards that direction, they became bold in taking children away from their parents.

The curious thing was, what was really ahead there?

***