156: Confrontation 3

"Crown Prince Atobe, you mean?" Nana Asyang asked.

"Yes. The situation of our tribe is really worrying at the moment. You see, my King Father hates the Dark Guild. But that guild has been taking its root behind everyone else in our Tribe for several years now.

"Lingid sa kaalaman ng aking Amang Hari, the Dark Guild has infiltrated Neretos Sun Tribe. At iyon ay dahil sa Crown Prince namin. He works with them, protecting them and letting them use his power as the heir of the throne para mapalago ng mga ito ang kanilang kapangyarihan sa loob ng tribo namin.

"Felix and I happened to find out about this secret of his. But we were caught halfway of our escape. And as our punishment, they sent us here to do their bidding. That is to poison the Meridius Sun Tribe and to make sure na sa darating na Tournament, he will be able to defeat the Vina and the rest."

"Just to defeat me, he would plot all of this? Can't you make your story more believable?" Vina asked, her voice and expression expressed how incredulous she thought of the lies of this Prince.

"You don't understand, Vina. This upcoming tournament, he plans to put you and Calixto in your rightful places. He planned to overrule the three Sun Tribes by defeating the two of you."

Vina uncertainly looked at Nana Asyang. Though it might seem far-fetched but if that was really their aim, then nothing is impossible at all.

When Prince Akito saw the hesitation in Vina's face, he was once again celebrating deep within his hearts. He was still too smart for these people.

"Is that so?" Nyssa asked. She was still crouching on the corner but she was no longer drawing circles to sulk.

Well, she really intended to grit her teeth and keep on doing it until Maru and Leo get their conscience back.

But hearing this Prince sprout his nonsense really annoyed her terribly.

Besides, Vina and the others were already getting swayed by his words. She thought only a woman could be an enchantress but see how this Prince used his words to make them doubt some people.

Kaya hindi rin nakakapagtaka para kay Nyssa kung talaga ngang naestablish na ng Dark Guild ang sarili nila sa Northern Island. With this Prince' help they would surely be able to encourage some officials and more people to their cause.

Hindi tuloy mapigilan ni Nyssa na maimagine kung gaano kaawa awa ang Crown Prince ng Neretos Sun Tribe.

Alas! She would be regretting thinking this at all once mameet na niya ang prinsipeng iyon.

Right now though, she stood up and faced Prince Akito.

"Since napag-utusan lang naman kayo and you do not really want to do these horrible things na ginawa ninyo sa Meridius Sun Tribe, then I guess, you won't mind if I do these things too."

"What things?" Alanganing tanong ni Prince Akito.

Nyssa simply sneered at him and then began telling her friends what they should do.

"Maru, Leo... Fly around the surrounding forest and look for a tree with red blood leaves. Raqie, Toby and Vina... Go there at the stadium and destroy the middle of it."

Naguguluhan pa silang lahat when Nyssa commanded these things. However, her friends didn't even question her and began doing what she asked them to do.

As for Prince Akito and Felix, they only had one question in mind.

She couldn't possibly figure out about that, right?

However, the commands of Nyssa made them feel very nervous right now.

Why else would she like her ancient beasts look for a tree with red blood leaves? Whe did she ask her friends to destroy the middle of the stadium?

All the answers pointed to one possibility.

Hindi naman sila naghintay ng matagal para makumpirma ang hinala nila.

The moment Nyssa's gang came back, those items na daladala nila was enough to snuff out the color from their faces.

Raqie, Toby and Vina had bloody tree roots.

Leo and Maru came back holding branches from the tree with red blood leaves.

"What are those leaves and roots? Is that real blood on them?" Tanong ni Nana Asyang with disgust on her face.

Hindi masisi ni Nyssa ang naging reaksyon ng matanda dahil hindi rin kaaya aya ang amoy ng mga iyon.

"These roots and branches come from the Garrow Tree. To make this tree grow and turn its leaves and roots like this, the root has to consume a lot of blood."

When everyone heard that, they all realize kung saan nagamit ang mga dugong dinonate nila kapalit ng Bone Marrow Cleansing Pills.

Their faced turned dark and looked angrily towards Prince Akito and Felix.

"A-as I say, these things we did, we were just forced to do them." Patuloy na paninindigan ni Prince Akito sa kanyang sinabi.

Nyssa ignored him.

"Leo, watch them."

Leo nodded habang siya naman ay nagtungo doon sa stadium na wasak na ang gitna.

Then she began to look for something.

It took her a while bago makita ang hinahanap niya.

When she emerged again from the ruined stadium, her dress was even stained by the blood there.

But what made Toby and Raqie gasped was the one she was holding.

It was a tree root with a jade in the middle of it.

In fact, it was a very familiar jade for them.

"T-that, Nyssa... I-is that the Sacred Jade?" Toby asked nervously.

No one could blame him to be that scared.

He witnessed how Moira used it to collect the blood of their elders.

Even now, the Sacred Jade was emitting that dark aura which enough to make them feel uncomfortable even without getting near to it.

"It is." Nyssa's eyes were glinting while looking at the jade. She broke the roots na pumapalibot dito and held the jade on her hands.

Hindi pa man ito nagtatagal sa mga palad niya, she could already feel the effect of that Dark Aura to her.

When it wasn't used to suck the blood of people, it was enough to trigger anyone's bloodlust just like that.

Maru and Leo felt the change in Nyssa's energy. It was like she was being muddled by the mere aura of the jade.

They quickly approached to her side but Nyssa glared at them.

"Hep! I don't need your karate chop this time." With a wave of her hand, the jade disappeared. Of course, they could easily guess na itinago ito ni Nyssa sa Void niya.

Napahinga na lang ng malalim sila Leo at Maru.

***

A/N: Vacation mode pa ako. Sensya na dito sa kakarampot na update. 😏