149: Selection 1

The day had passed and the Selection had finally come.

Unfortunately, even after Nyssa's thorough investigation of that stage, she wasn't still able to get any lead at all.

And so this day came without her finding out what was wrong with it.

She sighed to herself habang papasok ang grupo nila sa spectators' area while Vina was leading the way for them.

The last time she saw this place, the stage was still half made. But now, it even had this area for them to witness the fight along the others and became a full stadium.

She really had to give it to the Neretos Sun Tribes.

They were able to build this place in just a few months.

Anyway, she silently followed the others while thinking of what transpired these past few months.

Nyssa actually gave a warning to Nana Asyang. Fortunately, the old woman believe her instinct even without having any evidence.

However, she could only warn her people to be careful and avoided to alert those connected well to the Neretos Sun Tribes gaya na lang ni Vice Leader Rossi.

They didn't know what exactly the plan of the other side so they could only do this much for now.

At present time, mabilis lang din ay nakapwesto na silang anim. They had taken the front row which very near to the stadium.

"Vina, you can leave us here now." Nyssa said.

The lady just nodded at pinuntahan na ang lola niya.

It was still part of their precautionary measures.

Nana Asyang would be one of the judges together with Rossi, Felix and Prince Akito.

If things got out of hand, Nyssa needed to make sure that the old woman would be safe and sound.

***

The Selection began and Nyssa realized right away what was going on the stage.

Her eyes had this dangerous glint on them and when the others saw that, they couldn't help frowning at her.

"Nyssa, what are you planning?" Toby asked. He had traveled with her for years. He knew exactly that look on her face.

"I want to join the Selection." Nyssa muttered, her eyes were transfixed on the stage.

"Ha! These people are the best fighters of Meridius. I am not sure you can handle them." Raqie said.

"You should trust me for once, you know. Besides, I am not going to join for fun. I want to prove something."

She said that with a sigh. Fortunately, tahimik lang naman sila Maru at Leo sa kabilang gilid ni Nyssa and not joining the other two in contradicting her.

"Uh-huh... And what is it?"

"There is something wrong with the stage."

"Haven't you been trying to prove that for more than half a month now? Di ka pa rin sumusuko?"

"And I am right. I will show you when I am finally on that stage."

At that same time, the other audience gasped as the fight of the two individuals on the stage was about to conclude.

"Great! They are almost done. I will be next then."

"Nyssa!"

Toby and Raqie both called her.

But she had already walked away from them.

***

"What is that person doing?" Felix asked while his brows were meeting half way.