49: Alliance

The tests must be already done but it didn't mean they could already go home.

They stayed for another week in Central Cloud to finish some of their requirements.

Some had also started to pack their things.

But aside from that, this was the perfect time for the freshmen to stabilize their peers for the next two years of their lives.

As for Nyssa...

She was surprised one day when Toby suddenly pulled her towards the cafeteria.

Doon din naman siya papunta mula sa library dahil nagsauli siya ng ilang libro but then this Toby suddenly grabbed her.

"Gutom na gutom, Toby?"

Pero hindi siya pinansin nito.

In fact, she was most surprised when they stopped in front of the table kung saan kasalukuyang kumakain sila Jin, Adam at Khalil.

Jin and Khalil automatically smiled upon seeing her.

As for Adam, he just snobbed her as usual.

"Toby?" Nyssa asked.

"I'd like to formally introduce you to them." Seryosong sabi ni Toby na nagpanganga sa kanya.

"For what?"

Toby rolled his eyes.

"Wala ka ba talagang kaalam alam tungkol sa Central Cloud, Ana. Isang taon na o."

Napakamot lang sa ulo niya si Nyssa then slightly tilted her head.

"You need alliance for the next school year. Basically, the next level will be more of a competition between us and the other students in the same level. We have to be prepared." Khalil nicely offered the information to her.

Ever since the Festival Competition, his attitude towards her became more nicer.

"Alliance?" Nyssa even blinked.

"Natanga ka na naman ba?" Toby asked her.

Agad niyang sinamaan ito ng tingin.

Toby pretended as if he asked nothing wrong.

Jin, however, sighed. This thick lady...

He stood up and faced her.

"Join us, Ana. Be our ally."

He even preoffered his hand in front of her.

Nyssa looked at it with plain expression.

Pero ang totoo, samu't sari na ang tumatakbo sa isipan niya.

Ally?

Did she even have any more capability to trust people?

What if they betrayed her in the end just like how her own family did to her in her old life?

Or what if in the future, she had to sacrifice these people on behalf of her?

Could she afford that?

A lot of things already passed in her mind within a very short time.

Toby, on the other hand, felt her hesitation at once.

Then he grabbed her hand and forced it to Jin's.

"You have no choice, dolt. I won't let you be part of another alliance than ours."

Literal na napanganga si Nyssa dahil doon.

Since when did he have a right to decide for her?

However, mukhang wala na siyang choice.