154: Confrontation 1

That fight of them ended the Selection in Meridius Sun Tribe that day.

The Meridius people were confused, of course.

They saw the guests of their tribes fighting each other sa mismong araw kung kelan sila dapat ang nagtatagisan ng lakas para samahan si Vina sa Neretos Sun Tribe five months from now.

And their Tribe Head simply let that happen.

In fact, she even commanded the capture of Felix and Prince Akito.

Rossi was about to stop them but Nana Asyang questioned his loyalty this time.

He had to chose then between his freedom or enjailment together with those two.

Obviously, he would chose his freedom. That didn't mean he wasn't being monitored by the Tribe Head's people though.

As for Prince Akito and Felix, they had no choice at all but to become prisoners of Meridius Sun Tribe.

Their people were all "properly handled" by Raqie.

Even Castor was beaten up thoroughly.

Who else could help them against these experts?

So, labag man sa kalooban nila, they cooperated with the Meridius folks quietly.

Sa kasalukuyan, all those people na alam kung ano talagang nangyayari ay kasama ni Nana Asyang para mag-explain sa mga katribo niya.

That includes Nyssa and her gang.

But besides Vina, it was only Raqie, Toby, Maru and Leo ang naroroon.

Where was Nyssa???

Well, she was at the corner sulking and drawing circles on the floor. Naghihimutok siya dahil sa "injustice" na ginawa sa kanya ng mga ancient beasts niya.

First, they karate chopped her which made her unconscious. Then they carried her like a sack just to bring her out of the stadium.

They were her master, for Pete's sake!

Can't they be gentle to her? 😢😢😢

What's more, they were pretending as if they didn't know her at all. Ni hindi man lang siya amuhin ng mga ito.

Ah, the injustice!

"In light of the recent happenings in our tribe, I and Vina are here to explain to all of you of what truly conspire behind us. We are also joined by our nomads friends since they are the reason why we do not remain ignorant and has prepared well which became the key for us to have no damage at all from the schemes of these Neretos people." Nana Asyang began.

"As you all know, I have accepted the Neretos people several months ago as special guests of our tribe. I let them do whatever they want within our tribe so long as it wouldn't affect our people badly.

"I did this to curry favor from them. After all, they claimed to have connection to the Void user during this era."

The people around them gasped.

"Tribe Head, then why do you have to attack them during the Selection? Won't it affect us now, most especially Vina? Pano kung di na niya maactivate ang Guardian bloodline niya?" One of the concerned tribesmen said.

There were murmurs of agreement around them which made Nana Asyang quiet for a moment.

Nyssa, on her corner, was also murmuring to herself.

"I am the real Void user. What are you all worrying about? Ah, but of course, I am sulking right now. I am offended. I am afraid my Void will be close for a while. Lalo na para sa dalawang ibon na nambbully at nang-aapi ng master nila."

She muttered quietly and then pursed her lips afterwards.

Once again, the four pretended not to hear Nyssa.

Only Vina was a bit conscientious and was giving a side look towards her.

"Hmph! See how uncaring they are? Heartless! I am so pitiful... huhuhu..."

Raqie and Toby rolled their eyes.

Habang sila Maru at Leo naman ay nanatiling nakatingin sa unahan na animo ay wala talaga silang naririnig na reklamo mula sa gilidan nila.

"I understand your concern. That's also the reason why I allowed them to do activities within our tribe freely. See, they could even distribute pills that were supposed to help our people's cultivation."

"That's right, Tribe Head! Those pills were very effective on us. It helped us with our cultivation greatly. But not that you have taken them as prisoner, won't this be inappropriate?" Alanganing tanong pa ng isa sa mga tribesmen nila.

The others nodded in agreement.

"It is only inappropriate if those Bone Marrow Cleansing Pill are all real." Vina said.

"For someone who didn't even use the pill, how dare you judge it." Patuyang sabi ni Felix sa kanya.

The others, of course, hesitated about Vina's argument. They knew she had been rejecting the Neretos' pills since the beginning so how could she tell if they were real or not.

"Tell me... When you use those pills, are they working just like how the real Bone Marrow Cleansing pills?" Maru intervened.

"I think, you nomads, should just simply be quiet and do not meddle in our tribes' affair." Rossi said coldly.

"Exactly! We are just nomads. So what are you being afraid of if we intervene or not? Not unless, of course, if you have anything to do with these fake pills..." Toby said, baiting Rossi with his words.

The man opened his mouth to speak but thought twice as he realized the intentions of Toby.

He closed his mouth again but left a lingering glare towards the youth.

Toby simply shrugged and ignored Rossi.

"You can answer my question now." Maru said.

"Y-yes..." Alanganing sagot ng mga tagaMeridius.

In their minds, they were still holding the Neretos people in pedestal because of this pill alone. It was so effective that their cultivation increased greatly these past few months.

"And were there any moments when you consumed the pill but the same effect you were expecting didn't happen at all?"

Nagkatinginan ang mga ito at muli, alanganin silang sumagot.

"Y-yes."

"Those two differences tell us a lot then. When the pill affects you the way it should then you consume a real ones. But if it doesn't then that's a fake one."

"Lies! You are clearly slandering us. You nomads are really upto no good!" Felix said.

"Really?" Raqie asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Yes! You are just nomads. What do you even know about medicine?"

"We are just nomads. We've been into a lot of places and met people just exactly like you. Also, we know a lot too. And yes, even medicine." Raqie said.

"In fact, we know that those ineffective pills weren't just fake but indeed poisoned..." Maru added.

***