1: Waking Up

Nyssa gained consciousness feeling terrible.

Her body was aching and she felt like burning as her temperature was very high.

How could she possibly end up like this?

She was just perfectly fine as far as she could remember.

Embarking to her journey towards that mountain where the Golden Tree was, she made sure her condition was in perfect condition.

But who knew what happened to her after reaching the place.

Ang taas pa naman ng expectation niya para sa Golden Tree na iyon.

Elders told her that it only appeared once every millennium. That one could easily recognized it since it was the most majestic tree ever existed. After all, its reputation as golden wasn't just a bluff at all. When the sun or the moon lighted the tree, it bursted shining, shimering colors of gold.

But none of it was seen by Nyssa.

All she could remember after reaching the peak of the mountain was darkness because she immediately became unconscious after that.

She even thought she died.

The old saying immediately appeared in her mind. Dying without knowing how.

She shivered. How terrible that kind of death was.

Fortunately, she was still alive.

But it didn't guarantee long life either.

First, the mission was bestowed to her by her father.

Second, since this mission came directly from him, the Lord of their family, it only meant how crucially important this for their family.

Third, because the mission was important for the whole Ryder clan, her father who was once disappointed to her no matter how skilled she was, was finally willing to trust her again.

Unfortunately, she failed.

She had travelled the whole world looking for treasures and never failed once. Except for this one na siya pang pinakamahalaga sa lahat ng mga naging mission niya.

Grief covered her whole being.

How could she let this one thing which was her redeeming glory end up like this?

"Stupid... Stupid... Stupid..."

If she could only beat herself to death, ginawa na sana niya.

Then Nyssa suddenly froze.

Something is wrong.

Something is terribly wrong with her right now.

Upon gaining her consciousness, she remained her eyes closed as her body was hurting a lot and her mind was busy remembering what had happened to her.

If she instantly opened it, she could have realized the weirdness that surrounded her.

As she opened her eyes now, she felt like a bucket of ice was dropped all over her body.

This isn't her bedroom.

Not even a room within their residence.

And her voice...

Although she was still recuperating at the moment, it was impossible for her voice to sound so totally different than usual.

Nasa ganun siyang sitwasyon ng may kumatok mula sa pintuan at nang bumukas ito ay bumungad sa kanya ang isang babae.