24: Tough Decision

Nyssa didn't slept well though.

Her nightmares almost made her scream in the middle of the night.

Kundi lang niya napigilan ang sarili niya ay baka nagising din niya si Toby.

But indeed, she found herself sobbing.

It might have something to do with her tired body and mind. And that really bothered her a lot.

Sa panaginip niya, lahat ng taong nawala sa buhay niya bilang si Nyssa ay isa isang nagflashback.

All of those people were the closest to her for different time of her old life. All of them, she attempted to save.

Partida, malakas pa siya noon. As Nyssa, her power was advanced. More than the normal individual was.

But no matter how strong she was, hindi pa rin niya nagawang iligtas ang mga ito.

It just proved to her that it didn't matter what her strength level was. If bad people wanted to harm her, they would use any means to do so, at hindi mahalaga sa mga ito kahit sino pa man ang idamay nila.

And as the deepest of the night came, the deeper of realization she also had.

If as Nyssa, she couldn't protect people important for her, how much more as Anastasia? When in this body, she couldn't produce even the smallest hint of any elements? Even protecting her own self is proving to be very difficult eh.

And so she had decided.

Always being alone and uncaring would spare her these kinds of trouble.

***

Nagising si Nyssa dahil sa tapik.

Then she found herself on the balcony at nakaupong natutulog sa solo chair na naroroon habang yakap yakap ang sarili niya.

At yung tumapik sa kanya?

It was Toby.

The guy had his crossed arms habang nakatingin pa sa kanya. And somehow she knew exactly what he wanted to say to her even without him voicing it out.

"Anong drama mo, teh?"

Nyssa just smiled at him bago umayos ng upo. Suddenly she felt her bones aching. Ugh! Bakit ba kasi siya natulog ng nakaupo?

"Wala po."

"Tch. Anyway, may bisita ka. Actually, kagabi pa nga may mga naghahanap sayo eh. You better stop these pests or else, I will kick you out of this room."

"Oo na po."

She stood up and entered the room.

Toby followed her. And she knew. He might act like this towards her but somehow he was also curious about her.

Anyway, gaya ng sabi nito, she found Zaki on the door of their dorm.

"Good morning."

She just nodded at him.

"Alexandra is waiting for your call again."

"I will just prep myself and drop by there before the morning class. Thanks for informing me."

"Ana..."

"Do you need anything else?"

For a moment, tahimik lang si Zaki na nakatingin sa kanya. Then he shook his head and sighed.

"I'll be going first then."

He did what he said.

"Too cold..." Toby said then he started getting himself busy.