°A love story beneath the stars°

The garden was always a shade brighter in the rain. It was as if the gift of the sky wasn't water, but liquid magic, washing their world to show what was there all along, nature in her humble brilliance. The buttercups became gold, the grass the shade of every dreamers meadow, roots quenched, soil renewed. And after the patter of the rain came bursts of birdsong, their hearts rejoicing the occasion of the rain.

'Kayc, this tents nearly up. Hurry up. I'm getting cold by myself' The black haired boy whined, adjusting the last few pieces of sheets inside the tent.

'Stop acting like such a baby. You know, you can come inside for now. We're in our—your garden'.

Sean pouted at her response, clasping his hands togther as he begged her to join him right away. After, seeing her simply roll her eyes before she re-entered his house, he continued lining the inside of the tent with soft blankets and pillows.

The pillow had a fullness that spoke optimistically of good dreams. Wrapped up I need a midnight-blue velvet case, it was difficult not drift off into sleep with it. 

Sean settled down all the blankets on the floor of the tent, before he picked one up and held it to him. The blanket was art, a creation in vibrant wool, an expression of Kaycee's love. When Sean watched television you could practically see his emotions by the way he held it, the sensations of happiness and tension told in how he either held it softly in his hands or else pushed his fingers though the holes, twisting and grasping. It was his comfort, his woven rainbow and keeper of his memories. And as he grew his mom would once in a while comment that she had thought the blanket was bigger and ask if it had shrunk somehow. He smiled contently at the blanket she had made him years ago, before resting it over his body.

'Thanks for the help, Lew' Kaycee giggled sarcastically, carrying bowls of popcorn and assorted snacks in her petite hands.

Sean crossed his arms at her. 'I'm the one who did all this' he puffed his cheeks, gesturing at the tent that was now a perfect mini- home for the two. ' I think you do in fact owe me a sincere  'thank you''.

The tent blended in with the grey brick wall that surrounded the garden, its hue a casual blue-grey. It was a summer tent for sure, built of a fine mesh that still allowed for stargazing by night. It was their little home for the night. 

Kaycee rolled her eyes at him for the nth time that night, mumbling a quiet thank you as she seated herself next to him. She nodded approvingly before her eyes caught sight of the vibrant fabric lying on him.

'I can't believe you still have that' She commented, her face washed over with disgust as she tried to pull the blanket off him.

Sean swatted her hands away, frowning at her. 'A dear friend of mine gave it to me. Stop it' he complained, pulling the blankets over his knees.

'Well, that dear friend is now telling you to throw it out...I'm serious, Sean. The colours are giving me a headache' she complained, an evident smile spread out on her lips. Although, she was complaining, she couldn't help but feel a little flustered and contented at the fact that he held her old present so dear to him.

The brunette sighed in defeat before she dug her fingers into the popcorn. 'Movie?'

He shook his head, grabbing his camera from beside him as he turned it on.

The camera had a case made from black hammered metal, the lens jutted out on a highly polished brass looking cylinder, finished at the end with a rim of more black metal. Two dials and a button poked out from the top. It was satisfyingly heavy in the hand and made wonderfully mechanical whirring and clicking noises.