°A mom in love°

'Mom, she's here. Act cool' Kayden shouted, fixing his tie and leaving the top button which Kaycee had closed, open.

'I'm always cool' Kaycee asnwered, from the kitchen.

'Only an uncool person would say that' Kayden groaned, fluffing his hair and opening a comic on the couch. He sat crisscrossed on the sofa but decided it'd look more manly if he sat with better posture and with one leg crossed over the other.

'I'm coming, alright?' Kaycee laughed, setting down a table with snacks.

Today, Kayden's girlfriend was coming to his house for the first time. He was nervous as he bounced his knees up in a rapid movement. His hands spread like pale starfish around his standard-issue coffee cup, which were cold, resisting the warmth that struggles to seep into them. His breathing was shallow and he was cracking his knuckes every now and then.

Kaycee appeared at the doorway separating the entrance room from the living room. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun and gold hoops hung from her ears. She was wearing a lavender colour pajama set, with matching bottoms and top. As well as a cozy robe, that wrapped around  her body.

'Make sure you're nice' Kaycee reminded her son. The sixteen year old boy groaned, dragging a hand down his face. 

'Mom, I know what to do. I'm sixteen, I'm old enough to know what's wrong and what's right'.

Kaycee laughed, ruffling his hair and pressing a kiss to the crown of his head. 'Could I stay to see her?'

'Mom' Kayden snapped.

'Oh, please. Its my baby's first girlfriend, I have to see her' Kaycee cooed, pinchinh her son's cheeks.

'Fine! You can stay for a minute, then leave. Okay?' Kayden huffed, crossing her arms over his chest. Kaycee squealed, jumping up and down in her spot.

Seconds later, a knock followed by three more hit the door, the sound echoing through the inside room.

'Ooh, let me answer it' Kaycee squealed, jumping from her spot.

Kayden stomped his feet  the ground, allowing her since there was probably no way she'd resist.

Kaycee opened the door, a wide smile plastered on her face as she caught a glimpse of the girl. Her hands were wrapped bashfully in front of her, and she rocked on her feet. Kayden appeared at his mom's side a second later, eyes focused on the girl's face.

'Oh good to see you, dear. You must be Cora' Kaycee smiled. 'Did you get here on you own? I've definitely taught my son to be more considera-'

'Oh no sorry. I was just parking the car' a man panted, swinging a set of car keys on his finger. The boy was perfection in coffee hues; his hair and eyes were the colour of dark roasted beans but his skin was all latte. He had that shy look about him teens often get when they've grown too much too fast, like they aren't really sure about being a man just yet. He was skinny, but the way his clothes hung gave away the muscle beneath; and always in his wake were heads turning to watch him go.

'Oh-um, r-right, yeah totally, that's f-fine' Kaycee stuttered, wondering on when it got so hot consideing that they were standing outside in the cold breeze.

'Come in' Kayden waved them both in, sending his mom a suggestive smirk when she stood rooted in her spot. 'Mom?' He waved a hand in front of her face, laughing when she blinked uncontrollably.

'Yes -Yes that's me. I'll make you some tea. Sound good?'

Cora nodded her head, approaching Kayden and hugging him with her arms wrapped around his torso.