°Popcorn part 3°

'Hey Kaycee, good morning babe' Jason smiled, sitting up from his on the floor mattress and waving Kaycee over.

Her other friends were already awake, lying down with their phones in their hand as they scrolled through their social media pages. As soon  as Jason had woken up and started speaking, all eyes were on him and though her friends had devices in their hands, they were paying attention to the couples interaction.

'Hi' she gave him a small wave, as he urged for her to come towards him. If it wasn't for the stares her friends were sending her way, she might have went. But she knew how their morning went. Jason would wake up and after a small yawn, would immediately embrace the girl in a hug before kissing her. It was a part of her routine at the point. But she didn't want to hug him let alone kiss him in front of other people. 'Um-the kettles just finished boiling, I'll make everyone tea' Kaycee smiled awakwrdly, as she shuffled out of the room.

She didn't miss the face of disappointment on Jason's face and the eyebrow raise from all her friends, but she decided not to overthink the situation as she joined her mom in the kitchen.

'Good morning, dear. A good night sleep?' Laura asked, as she poured the hot water into teacups. Kaycee nodded her head sheepishly, trying to figure out something to do before Jason would come in and question her.

And just as she assumed, he appeared at the doorway. Hands crossed over his chest, and a cheeky smile plastered on his lips.

'Sorry, miss Rice. Could I talk to Kaycee for a moment?' Jason questioned, brushing his fingers through his tousled hair.

'Of course, and you know, you can call me Laura' the older woman smiled, giving Kaycee a push in her boyfriend's direction. She stood in front of him, eyes on the floor before he wrapped his hand around her wrist and led her up to the guest room.

I haven't been here in awhile, Kaycee thought as her eyes scanned the room. From the dresser, to the black duffel bag, and the double bed. 'What's wrong?' The boy asked, holding onto her waist as he leaned her up against the wall.

'N-nothing, why?' Kaycee lied, her throat bobbing up and down.

'I'm not stupid, Kaycee' Jason laughed, pressing a kiss onto her forehead. Kaycee raised her hands, resting them onto his biceps. 'You can talk to me, is something wrong?'. He was leaning forward now, their lips inches apart.

'No—i' Kaycee started before the bedroom door had flung open, and there stood no other than Sean Lew himself. Oh god. 'Hey, Sean. What brings you here?' Kaycee waved awakrdly, gently pushing Jason away from her.

Sean's face had washed over with pain, his eyes dilated as he stared at the two. His moth had dropped open, and his chest was heaving up and down in laboured breaths. 'My- uh b-bags here' he stammered, pointing at the black duffel bag.

'Right' Kaycee said embarrassed, looking down at her feet.

'Okay, well then. I'm gonna go brush my teeth. Love you, Kaycee' Jason pressed a kiss onto her lips, before walking out of the guest room. 

Kaycee stepped to the side, one hand crossed over to the other, as she rocked on her feet. Her face had flushed crimson red as she stared at Sean.

His demeanor hadn't changed much. He was biting the inside of his lips, head tilted to the side as he racked his brain to tell him that what he saw wasn't real. Kaycee swore she saw his lips tremble, but he had masked it pretty well. His secret talent.

Number one thing you should know about Sean, is that whenever he was hurt or sad he never showed it. He was probably the best at masking his feelings and acting like everything was fine by adding humor and a fake smile.

The silence caressed her skin like a cool summer breeze, smoothing her soul, taking away her jagged edges. The silence was a poison to them, for in that void of sound the shallowness of their conversation was laid bare. What used to be an intellectual banter of the best tv shows and comedic moments was utterly vapid.

'Uh-good morning?' Sean spoke up first, once he had somewhat gotten out of his trance.

'Hey' she waved back. If the times were like before, Sean would have instantly made fun of her for her shyness around him and tickled her until her giggles filled the room. But they weren't like that anymore, there was a distant between the two. An uncomfortable silence always falling upon them.

'I-I'm gonna go uh-brush my teeth' Kaycee stuttered, as she briskly walked out the door before Sean had cut her off.

'I have a present for you' he blurted out. 'It's just something small from China' he whispered.

'Oh-um...you didn't have to' Kaycee had stopped in her tracks, but her back was facing him. Typical Sean, always bringing her back something from his trips. 

'You can turn around, you know?' Sean chuckled, lifting his shirt up to wipe of the sweat that had line his forehead. And at that very moment she had turned around, before she gasped and closed her eyes when she saw his toned chest. 'Geez, Kayc. You could at least pretend to act like you're not attracted to me' Sean joked, pulling his shirt back down. 

'Am not. I uh have a boyfriend' Kaycee muttered, reminding herself, more so that him. Sean nodded his head quickly, before turning around and digging his hand inside his bag for the present. He had pulled out various items he didn't ven knew he brought, before his eyes caught a brown paper bag.

He took it out, hands slightly shaking as he quickly handed it to Kaycee and started explaining the gift before she could see his nervousness. 'So-um well it's a bracelet, but uh it's meant to have your spirit animal charm on it, but like you're like I don't know colorful? so I got it as a rainbow instead' he started before realizing how dumb he sounded. 'I bought the gift two years ago, I just never came back to give it to you' he scratched the back of his neck nervously.

'Oh, I love it' kaycee Murmured, attaching the bracket around her wrist. 'It's so pretty'. Kaycee took a step forward, contemplating whether she should hug him before a voice interrupted her thoughts.

'Yo, you guys. Look at the video Laura found' Julian chortled, as he showed the pair the thumbnail of the video. Kaycee face has immediately paled and Sean had grown beet red. 

'Uh-there's this really cool movie I want to wtach. Let's do that instead' Kaycee lied, grabbing the phone from Julian.

'What? No, all of us downstairs already agreed on watching this, come on Kaycee' Julian took her arm before easily taking the phone from her.

'It is Kaycees house, lets just do what she wants' Sean tried, knowing exactly what happened in that video although it was years ago.

'What's with you guys, today? Laura and brad what to watch it too. Come on then, hurry up' The boy said lastly before he left taking long strides.

'Frick' Sean groaned. He looked down at Kaycee, her eyes filled with panic before they both spoke in unison.

'Popcorn tasting'

AN| HEY GUYS! HOW ARE Y'ALL?

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING THIS! I SWEAR THE CONCEPT OF THIS SOUNDED MUCH BETTER IN MY HEAD BUT AH WELL, LOL.

QOTD: WHATS THE FIRST SONG THAT POPS INTO YOUR MIND? Mine is 'The cure' by little mix.

❤️❤️❤️

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX