°Heart eyes°

'Did you hear about the new girl coming to dance class?' Bailey squealed, squeezing Sean's arm in excitement.

'Yeah, I did' Sean mumbled, his eyes concentrating on the words in his history textbook.

'Aren't you excited?' She asked, pulling the book down from his face.

'Yeah, totally. Another girl, yay' he replied sarcastically, taking a pen out of his bag and highlighting important facts.

'Stop being such a grouch for one minute' Bailey mumbled, flailing her arms around.

'I'm not being a grouch, I'm being reasonable with my time. We have history test in 5 minutes and I'm making the most if it' Sean answered, poking Bailey's sides.

'Well you're a freaking genius, you practically know the whole book off by heart. You're the last person in this class who has a chance of failing' Bailey huffed, closing his textbook shut and placing it on the floor away from Sean's reach.

'It's not about failing, it's about trying my hardest.' Sean shook his head, leaning back on his seat and chewing the top of his pen.

'Good morning class. Is everyone ready for the test today?' Ms. Bridges walked in, a motherly smile playing on her lips and a stack of tests in her arms. Everyone groaned, trying to make up stupid excuses to avoid having the test today. 

'It's an easy test, I promise' the teacher smiled, writing something into her journal. 'We'll do the attendance first. Everyone can have five minutes to study'

Ms. Bridges went around the roll, ticking off everyone who was present in class before she walked around the classroom to check if everyone had completed last nights homework.

'Will we get started then?' The teacher laughed, laying a test facing down on everyone's table.

Knock. Knock.

'Sorry to interrupt, but you've got a new student in your class' Mr. Williams-the school principal announced, allowing himself and a brunette to walk inside the classroom.

'Oh goodie. We love a new student' Ms. Bridges smiled, walking down to towards the pair, her heels clicking against the floorboards.

'Good morning, dear' she greeted, bending down a little so that she was face to face with the new girl.

'Hi, I'm Kaycee' the brunette giggled, a folder of papers enveloped in her arms.

'Well, why don't you take a seat- hmm... maybe beside Bailey and Sean over there. Raise your hand, kids' Ms. Bridges suggested. Bailey squealed, shooting her hand up, her legs bouncing up in excitement. Whereas, Sean lifted his hand a teeny bit, his elbow still on the table.

'Hi, I'm Bailey' Bailey introduced, removing her book from the tablemthat Kaycee was going to sit at. 'This is Sean. He's really nice, but we've got a test today so he's super focused and grouchy' she added, pointing at Sean.

'Stop it, Bails. I'm not grou-' Sean started, groaning before he finally got a good look at Kaycee and all air left his lungs. She was wearing the school uniform-which for her consisted of a plaid skirt and school jumper-, her hair was plaited in two braids, and her eyes lit up at every word Bailey said.

'H-hi' he stuttered, receiving knowing glances from Bailey.

'Hey' she smiled, placing her school bag on the floor and prepping her school supplies on the table.

'Okay, then. Welcome to our class, Kaycee. Everyone will be sure to make you feel comfortable, here. We were just beginning to start a test, but seeing as Kaycee is new here. I guess we'll just have to cancel it and do some class activities so that everyone can get to know Kaycee better and Kaycee can know everyone a little bit more' The teacher explained. Everyone cheered, pumping their fists in the air, and smiling widely at the girl who barely realised what was even going on.