°Reincarnation part 2°

10 years later

Kaycee mindlessly walked down the path which  led to the white mansion that belonged to the Lews, the closest thing she's got to home as of now.

'Kaycee!' One of Kaycee's 'friends' called out, running up to her. 'Mom and dad, said that I could go to the ball' she squealed, intentionally drawing out the mom and dad, knowing that Kaycee lacked that.

'Good for you' Kaycee smiled nonetheless, controlling herself to not punch the princess' best friend in the face.

Yup, you heard that right, they had found the next princess. It was Serris, the Lew's second child, something that shocked everyone but she was fit for the duty, posh and elegant in her work. It did surprise everyone that her age didn't qualify though. She was 3 years older than presumed, but they went along with it, not bothering to question because they had presumed that they found the princess. How they found it was her is a story for another day.

'So precious servant girl, did Sean finally ask you out?' Charity laughed, mocking her standard of living in the household. Kaycee rolled her eyes at her, taking in deep breaths to let her anger out without hurtful words.

'Sean and I are just friends' Kaycee said nicely after moments of silnce. She let that ring in her mind for a bit, just friends. And all that she could imagine was his smirk and dimples playing on his dangerously handsome face. Ugh. 

'Hey, lay off her. This 'servant girl' is working hard, unlike you' Sean interrupted, smiling widely at Kaycee.

'Sean' Charity giggled uncomfortably, scratching the base of her neck before excusing herself from embarrassment.

'Hi' Kaycee giggled, opening her arms to hug Sean.

'Hi Kayc' he chuckled, wrapping an arm around her lower back and the other one cradling her head. Perfect.

'Wanna go do something?' He asked, finally pulling away from the extra long hug, looking down at the brunette, her eyes sill closed in content.

'I wish, I could. But I still have work to do in the kitchen.' She sighed, kicking a pebble past her and Sean.

'I could try talk to dad' Sean tried, hoping she would give in but he knew that if she was told to do something then she wouldn't stop until it was completed.

'No, i have to do this. But we could hang out some other time' Kaycee said hopefully, eyes dark due to the tree that hovered above them shading their complexion and features.

'Okay' he smiled sadly, letting the girl go to finish the rest of her work for the day.

'There you are. You're late' Mr. Sophus said annoyed, dragging Kaycee down to the underground kitchen where all the scullery maids worked. Mr. Sophus dragged her down further and further oblivious to the low bar that had hit Kaycee bang straight in the middle of her forehead. She rubbed it soothingly, deciding not to give the butler a piece of her mind. She was better than that.

Walking into the rusty, cobwebbed kitchen-the only part of the mansion that needed a fine cleaning-the kitchen workers scowled at her, mocking her stance and walk. Kaycee winced. The villagers thought she was stuck up because she was an orphan living in a mansion. The kitchen servants thought she was stuck up for her closeness with Alex and Sean, and her elite attitude only made it worse. 

There's no pleasing anyone, she thought making her way down to where only one other person worked-someone unfamiliar.

Kaycee quickly rolled her sleeves up, powdering her hands with flour before starting to knead the dough that Mr. Sophus had placed in front of her.