°Alzheimers°

'Granny, granny' the little girl chirped, jumping into her grey haired granny's lap. 'Look what I made, nana' the little girl giggled, showing her nana a picture of what she presumed was a dog.

'That looks fabulous' Kaycee smiled, her old voice hoarse and frail.

'Where's grandad Sean?' The little girl asked quizzically, turning her head around in every direction

'Ah, he'll be here in a moment. That little brain of his has got him tripping' Kaycee laughed, scrunching her face up when she felt her grand daughter bouncing up and down on her old, boney legs.

'Hello, beautiful' Sean greeted, taking a seat next to Kaycee. 'What's your name?' 

Kaycee sighed at his question, this being the 3rd time she had to remind him this day. She knew that he had Alzheimers and she understood the reasons why he often forgot who she was. But that didn't mean that it didn't hurt Kaycee whenever he forgot.

'Can I get you number?' Old Sean asked, still looking prime and handsome for his age.

'My name is Kaycee, dear. And you don't have a phone' Kaycee said lowly, playing with her delicate fingers. 

'I can buy one if it means I get your number' he smirked devilishly, wiggling his eyebrows around. 'Now, gorgeous. Is there anyway I'd be able to marry you right here, right now?' He added.

'We're already married' Kaycee replied sweetly, taking her husband's hand in hers.

'Hallelujah. Thank the Gods.' Sean proclaimed, his hands held high above his head.

'Grandpa!' His grand-daughter, Kya, exclaimed, running over to him and wrapping her arms around him.

'Oh will you look at that, it's a baby' Sean cooed, pinching the girl's cheeks.

'I'm not a baby, I'm a big girl' Kya huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

'A very cute big girl' Sean chortled, smoothing down her hair repeatedly. 'Not as cute as um, what's you name again?' Sean asked, looking at Kaycee.

'Kaycee'. 

'Ah yes' he shouted, rubbing his eyes

'Time for you to get some rest' Kaycee smiled sadly, leading him into their shared room. 'Kya, go tell you mommy that grandpa and I are heading in for bed early, okay?'

'Of course, good night nana' Kya waved off, sending the pair flying kisses. Sean did the same to her, holding onto the door as he kissed his hands and sent them their grand daughters way.

'Come on, time for bed' Kaycee huffed, pulling him inside the room

'And what will we be doing here.' Sean asked smartly.

'Oh goodness, we're too old for all that smooching' Kaycee giggled, shuffling into the bed.

'What are you talking about? I'm as fit as a soldier' Sean said, stretching his back, as a loud snap was heard.

'Oh please be careful. Come on, now time to lseep'

'Ah, I guess we can't have fun today. Besides, it'd be unmannerly of me since we haven't even got married' he sighed, removing his slippers and sliding in beside his wife of 47 years. Kaycee laughed at his comment, laying her head on her pillow as she began drifting off to sleep.

'Imagine us in our prime. We'd be a great couple' Sean chuckled, laying down and facing Kaycee

'Dear, we are a couple'

'Only because I asked you to marry me five minutes ago' Sean argued, pointing a finger in her face.

'Oh yeah, my bad' Kaycee gave in, sliding her thumb over his wrinkled skin.

'Now, where was I?' Sean thought aloud, tapping his chin. 'Ah, we were talking about my days when I was in the army' Sean added, a finger raised up as a light bulb flickered above his head. Kaycee gently face palmed her fore-head, letting him continue with his story.

'Now, I was sent away to join the army when I was seven. A brutal age really. I worked for hours on end, shooting people to their death. The good old days. When I turned um- uh - twenty two I was promoted to commander of the force. Ah, you wouldn't believe my luck. People may have thought I was only a young boy, but I was the most skilled' Sean explained.

'Ah is that so?'

'Mhm, and then, I lost my arm during a war. I had to get it amputated, oh the pain that I went through during that time. Anyways, I uhm- was sent back home after that, the chief calling me useless-the selfish traitor- there I rekindled with my family. Now here we are, at the age of fifty. At least I look fifty, you look like your sill twenty, baby. And I'm going to be married to you' Sean concluded, giving himslef a round of applause for his made up story.

'I thought you lost you arm. What's this?' Kaycee asked, pointing at his arm and his errors in his story. 'And we're 70 years old dear. Not fifty' Kaycee argued, bopping his shriveled nose.

'Ah that's what they all say. But we're just in duguise. Back in the days, I'd dress up in different colours to be the tree, bushes, um-grass, mud. You name it.' Sean argued back, nodding his head as if his story made complete sense.

'Oh yeah totally. And how exactly do I take this disguise off?' Kaycee giggled, holding his arm.

'Oh god, don't even try. If you do, then we'll be murdered. Didn't you read the headlines?' Sean asked sternly, his brows raising up as creases formed on his forehead.

'Let's go to sleep, now.' Kaycee yawned, her backbone cracking as she readjusted herself on the bed.

'Okay then. We'll go to sleep, love. Good night. And be careful' Sean whispered, inching closer to her.

'Why?'

'Always keep you ears and eyes open. You never know when my old enemies are going to attack' Sean elucidated, kissing Kaycee's cheek tenderly and falling asleep. His crinkled eyelids fluttering close, as his boney arms wrapped around Kaycee's waist.

'I'll always love you, Shamu. Whether you remember who I am or not' Kaycee cried silently, cupping his cheeks. 'Always'. 

AN| HEY GIYS 👋! HOW ARE Y'ALL?

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS.

THANK YOU GUYS SM FOR #1 IN BAIKEN. AHH, I CANT BELIEVE IT. YALL ARE THE BEST. THANK U FOR 2.5K+READS ON THIS BOOK, 8K READS ON 'CANT HELP FALLING IN LOVE' AND 26K READS ON 'GOT IT'. 

❤️❤️❤️

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX