°Waiting for her part 4°

'You're a real genius, Rice' her boss smiled, as she showed him the paperwork she had filled out and all the new information she had discovered on renovating a space. 'Now, let's see. We'll need glass. A lot of glass'.

'Already looked into that. Looking at the price and quality, the one that fits our budget the beat would be Craters glass. They sell six panes of glass for 500 dollars. A real bargain if you ask me' Kaycee informed him, her glasses falling down as she pushed them back up to the ball of her nose.

'Pfft. Craters glass, they're no good. Worst business in town, I'll tell you that' Alex grumbled, crossing out her idea with a black permanent marker.

'But Alex-sir, it's the best fit for our budget and looking at quality, it seems to be perfect and-' Kaycee tried, almsot begging him to reason with her.

'Nope. We're not going to ask them for glass. Got it? This is business. I'm definitely not going to increase their marketing rates for something we could get elsewhere. Absolute morons' Her boss quipped in. He laid his hand firmly on top of the documents, almost  slamming them down as he picked up the folder and placed them in his bottom left drawer. 'Now, get back to work. We'll talk more about this later'.

Kaycee stared at him, examining his hands as they picked up a small key and locked away the files. Weird. 'Uh-okay. Thank you, sir' she smiled, more weirded out than a genuine smile.

Her work heels clicked against the tiled floor, as she exited Alex's room making sure to shut his door quietly without slamming it.

'Kaycee! Kaycee?' She heard a voice call her, and with a knowing look she turned to face her friend. Middle aged. Older than her but not too old. And extremely kind, in fact the kindest person she knew to date.

'Why are you whispering Jade' Kaycee giggled, as she approached Jade with her hands on both side of her hips.

'I'm not sure if I should show you this, but...' Jade trailed off, as she switched her phone on and a picture popped up on the screen.

'Who's that?' Kaycee deadpanned, zooming into the picture to examine every feature and every little aspect of the photo.

'Clarence Hills' Jade mumbled. 'Supposedly Jakes girlfriend'. Her voice had went pretty hoarse at this point and it came out more as a croak then an actual statement.

'Are you sure? It can't be' Kaycee whispered, but with the way Jake had placed his hand possessively on the girl's bum in the photo, she couldn't help but believe Jade. 'Oh my gosh' she groaned, pushing Jade's phone away from her face. This was the last thing she needed right now.

'I'm so sorry, Kaycee. You don't deserve this' Jade comforted, giving her shoulder a squeeze before bringing her into a warm embrace.

'And he freaking lied to me when I asked him' Kaycee sighed, rubbing her temples. She was so busy and occupied trying to find the best deals and information for Alex's aquarium, that she hadn't been able to question her boyfriend well ex-boyfriend now further. 

'You asked him?'

'Yeah-it's just, you know that one night when we had that aquarium meeting at my house. Well...Jake had came back to my house after drinking and he was carrying a cropped sweater with him. I asked him if it belonged to a girl, and he completely denied it and said that he accidentally took it instead of his own coat'

'And you believed him?' Jade gasped, hand over her mouth.

'How was I supposed to not? He looked so bertrayed that I had accused him of something, Jade' Kaycee reasoned, her brain ready to burst along with her heart.