°Waiting for her part 2°

Read the first part again if you have to. It's been awhile. Happy reading!

Sean whispered profanities to himself, receiving weird glares from everybody as he tried to quickly fix his broken heart.  It was diffficult and painful to remember her smile, soft but contagious, it had stained her lips like blood, the same blood he could taste as he bit his tongue hard to keep from crying. He continued to curse profanities under his breath, rolling his eyes and slamming his forehead with his hands every now and then. If his co-workers thought he was crazy before, then they might just think he joined the circus as a clown act. Sean slowly opened his locker, taking his folder before aggressively pushing his bag inside it. 

'We must be working in different departments' he grumbled, repeating what she had told him just minutes prior. He slammed his locker closed, not bothering to lock it or anything. His heart was brown that was far worse than having a few books and a bag stolen. He just wanted to relax, be away from all the joyful smiles and welcoming gestures. And just as he wished for peace, his boss walked in, and the cheery attitude that usually followed him around was there.

'Sean Lew, my boy. How have you been?' his boss chirped, a hand on the boy's back as he led them to his office. The office was painted grey, and it had only one floor-to-ceiling window, which faced the main road. On the grey desk sat a desktop computer, a notebook lying open, and a stack of papers sitting under a turtle-shaped paperweight. In a corner, the air conditioner was blasting at medium, and there was a swivel chair in the middle of the office. A bookshelf, bursting with books was in a corner, with yet another stack of papers under a paperweight that was shaped to look like a tuft of grass. A few pens were lying on the papers, but some had fallen onto the top of the bookshelf. And last but not least, a water dispenser with no cups stacked by.

'I'm doing fine' he whispered, trying his very best to erase the memory of her kissing a boy. A boy that wasn't him. The memory of her not having the slightest idea as to who he was, when they worked in the same damn department.

'Sit down. I've been having some ideas, and I think you'd be fit for the job' he said, hands crossed in front of him as a button popped open and as he sat down on the swivel chair.

'Oh, alright' Sean mumbled, watching as his boss pulled his jacket over his shirt. The man was somewhat too tall for his build; were he a few inches shorter, he would be all the more handosme for it. It was as if he stopped growing only to be stretched on one of those medieval racks a half-foot more. His face was mostly obscured by a brown scraggly beard that clung to his skin like winter icicles. He was an old man, but Sean could see the young boy in him still yearning to return to his train set. It was as if his soul sat down at one of those little platforms with the tiny trees, waiting at the miniature station for the steady sound of turning wheels and puffs of steam. It was as if he was stuck in an adults body, waiting for the right moment before his inner-child jumped out.

'I want to start an aquarium' he squealed, practically jumping at his own idea. His eyes were bright and joyful and Sean couldn't bare reject his very-odd suggestion.

'An aquarium? Oh that's cool?' He replied uncertainly, as he watched him pull out stacks and stacks of paperworks all under the same folder entitled 'My dream'.

'Yes, it is. I've always wanted to build my own aquarium and now I can. The only problem is we need people-workers who'd be willing to help hold bricks and help the builders' he sighed, unconsciously biting his lip in excitement.

'Oh, I don't know about that, I'm more of a in-office worker. I'm definitely not the handy man myself' Sean chuckled, remembering that one time his mother asked him to buy two jugs of milk. It was all going well, until the weight of the milk jugs kicked in, and he toppled over, earning scratches al over his knees and arms. It might have been years ago, but he definitely  hadn't grown much muscle since then.