°Will you?°

'Is everything set?' Sean asked, tired and exhausted as he brushed his fingers through his hair.

'Sean, Love. Everything's fine and set in place. It'll all go as planned' Laura comforted him, giving his shoulder a squeeze before a nurse had appeared in front of him.

'Sean Lew. Your girlfriend is going into labour. She'd has requested for your presence' the lady spoke kindly, knowing exactly of Sean's plans.

Sean nodded his head, sending Laura a quick 'thanks' before he rushed into the labour room where Kaycee was laying, blowing out heavy breaths on a bed.

The bed didn't look comfortable in anyway. Or maybe it was that Kaycee didn't look comfortable on it. I mean, she was trying to push a baby human out of her. But Sean never thought she looked more radiant. Her chest was rising and falling, eyes pressed shut and legs trembling with pain. 

 A doctor was beside he legs, instructing her and trying her best to calm the patient down as she spoke softly.

Sean ushered quickly to her side, taking her hand in his and giving it a squeeze to tell her that he was there. Kaycee eyes opened, smiling in relief before a contraction shot up her body and she pried her eyes shut.

When the labour began the pain was more intense than anything Kaycee had ever imagined. Nothing could be more brutal, not whips or chains. The room was only the bed and four walls, her helpers melting into the background as if they weren't even there. Is there anything more isolating than intense pain? Doesn't pain lock us in as effectively as any prison? 

 'Push again, that's prefect' the doctor said kindly.

'It's not that easy' Kaycee yelped, squeezing Sean's hand tightly, and he was for sure wondering who was feeling more pain, his hand or her body.

'We're nearly there. You're doing great' The doctor smiled.

Kaycee blew out breath after breath, sweat lining her forehead, and the pains of her cramps increasing rapidly.

'Nearly there, Kayc' Sean whispered, pushing back the strands of her hair that had managed to fall into her eyes. 'You got this, haze'.

Kaycee squeezed his hand tighter, his fingers losing feeling and touch as it went numb. 

The doctor was telling her that is was time, time to push. With a guttural grunt she did so and was told to stop, one was enough. She felt the baby crowning, the hot stretching of flesh and held her breath. Without any further effort the baby slid into the hands of the midwife. There was elation, a girl at last, and in seconds she was there, nascent eyes opening, mouth rooting for milk.

'Kayc' Sean sighed, pressing a kiss on to her forehead as he caught a glimpse of the baby in the doctors arms. 

The doctor approached Sean, cradling the baby in her arms before laying her comfortable on Kaycee's chest. 

'She's beautiful, Kayc' Sean whispered, directing her hands to hug around the baby.

Tears had glossed over her eyes, and they were freely streaming down as they landed other baby's head. It was as if only sunshine existed the world, as if all the earth was ushered into harmony. She looked into those new eyes, a new consciousness, perfect and reaching out for her love. In that instant she knew she would do anything to protect her child, that her love was as vast as the universe yet solid as rock. She was a mother and would always be.

'We'll just clean her up' The doctlr smile, picking the baby up.

The doctor winked at Sean, making a quick show with her hands of his surprise plan before she and Some of the other nurses left with the baby.