°Contrast°

The blue dim lights casted a low glow on the brunette as she pushed herself out of the sea of people and sat down outside on the leafy grass. The weather outside was the complete opposite of the inside. The inside was packed with sweaty bodies grinding against each other, the air growing more and more temperate as more people joined the party. But the outside, it was cold, but not to cold too make you shiver. Just cold enough to let you breathe and remind yourself of how you are. 

But that's not what Kaycee wanted. She wanted love and light while her boyfriend wanted parties and clubs. She hated him for that, his main objective being, to be the first one drunk as he relied on Kaycee to drive them back home. She, for one, wanted to be happy with him, she wanted to love him and she wanted to be his light in the dark, but that wasn't possible when his motives didn't consist of her.

She brought her knees up to her chest, burying her head in her hands as she let out a painful groan, her hands fisting into balls as she pulled at the grass whom had done no harm to her. She pulled and pulled, some areas being bare patches with no roots, which means no life. 

'Doing okay?' A boy asked, sitting down beside her, a glass full of vodka in his hand.

'Yup, couldn't be better' she scoffed sarcastically, scrunching her face up in disgust at the reeking drink in his hand.

'Alcohol may be bad but it does wonders' the boy sighed, eyeing Kaycee's water bottle up and down.

'Wonders? Yeah, totally' Kaycee spat, gulping down her drink.

Her drink was refreshing, cooling the aching pain stuck in her throat. Her drinks purpose wasn't to kill her, it was a pure element. Unlike the boys drink. His drink was like a boat and sea. A boat is most safe at shore but that's not what it was built for. In the same way, vodka in small amounts is good for your health, but put in the wrong hands and you'll never see light again.

'Want to take a detour?' The boy asked sheepishly, gulping the remains of his drink and throwing the glass into a nearby bush.

'Wanna take a detour' Kaycee mimicked rudely, proceeding to curse profanities under her breath.

'You seem like you need to relax. Let go, be like me. Be happy' he joked, opening his hand for her to take.

She obliged, but not without replying with an imitation of him. 'Oh, look everybody. Be like me. I'm happy'.

He chuckled at her immaturity, leading the two away into a little grove down down a few blocks. Kaycee shuffled closer to the unknown boy, sending him a glare as he wiggled his brows in amusement.

'You're too happy' she snapped out of nowhere, taking in the bright sun that was placed above his head.

 His mood was bright and cheery, almost sickening in Kaycee's opinion. That's all she's ever wanted to be for herself and for her boyfriend, but instead she has thunder and rainy clouds above her head. The power and force holding her down, giving her less of reason to stay standing up.

'Well, I'd like to think that being happy is better than being all gloomy over stupid things' he replied smartly, sitting down on a log as he brought her down with him.

'No, it's not. Stop-no' Kaycee yelled, clutching her head in pain. He may have been the one drinking but she was the one feeling the pain.

'Geez, chill. I should have grabbed you a shot of vodka' he chuckled, smiling brightly as the sun cast a beautiful glow on his face, making his already gorgeous feature more admirable.

'I'm fine. I'm completely fine. Ugh, fuck you' Kaycee shouted, clenching her jaws in anger.

'Woah, you need to settle the kettle. Look, I'm not trying to get you all worked up, I want to help you' he sighed, picking a pebble and throwing it in the midst of all the trees.

'Help me? Sure, you can help me. Just shut the fuck up' she rebuked, pulling mindlessly at her hair, as it feel out if it's tight ponytail.

'If yo say so' he chirped, humming if you're happy and you know it, as he clapped his hands and stomped his feet.

'Ugh, I hate you. I fucking hate you' Kaycee yelled, pushing the boy off the log as he fell over and landed on a branch. He picked himslef up carefully, laughing the slight pain away as he sat back down beside her.

'You know, there's always light' he hummed, looking at the birds making nests in the tress.

'Excuse me?' 

'There's always light. Even in dark times there's always light. If you keep searching for it you'll find it. But if you search for darkness that's all you'll ever see. Darkness can't live without light nor can light live without darkness.' He whispered, the vodka making him seem brighter intelligently.

'You're not one to look wise' Kaycee said hesitantly, glancing at his white washed jeans and yellow hoodie.

'You're not one to look rude, but hey look where we are' he smiled, tapping his feet on the rocky bottom. 'Take you and me for instance. I barely know you, but you're like dark I guess. I'm the light and I'm making you annoyed with my happiness. I may not like witnessing your frown and rude placement with words, but you don't like me drinking. I maybe a light, but I can't live without darkness. You may be dark but you can't live without light, you can't live without me' he explained further, zipping down his jacket and placing it over her shoulders.

'We're the complete opposites. And I don't even know your name' she giggled, her laugh turning the sun above his head into a rainbow.

'Well, my name is Sean' he introduced, head held up high.

'I'm Kaycee' the latter laughed, rubbing her two hands together in hopes of some warmth. 'Doesn't change the fact we're complete opposites'.

'Look at you right now. Can't you see that although we're different we're also one. We contrast each other, but isn't contrast beautiful. Love is awreness of contrast, it's with light and dark that contrast happens.' Sean added, removing his yellow hoodie and placing it over her knees.

'You presumed I was happy because I was wearing a bright yellow hoodie. But look at my shirt,  it's black. It's dark. Contrast lives within everything' he chuckled, smiling widely at the brunette.

'I guess' Kaycee giggled, pulling his jumper over her head and placing his jacket on her legs.

'We complete each other, Kaycee. There's no light with out drakness'.

AN| HEY GUYS 👋! HOW ARE YALL?

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPLOAD, I WAS KINDA BUST TODAY WITH HOUSE CHORES.

I HOPE YALL ENJOYED THIS.

❤️❤️❤️

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX