°Drunk°

His own throat felt more dry than the baked summer earth outside. After the heat of the day it was little wonder he had need of a large drink, but there was no way for him to get through the throng that clamoured for beer and whiskey. The evening droned on until he spied an unattended pint. He was of course forbidden to drink-by his wife-but his hand clasped around the glass before a second thought could caution him. The drink was as warm as the overheated living room but he had it gone in less than a minute, hating the taste but loving the feel of the liquid.

'Gosh, Sean. Baby, please work with me' Kaycee pleaded, dragging him upstairs with all her might. 'We're nearly there'. 

'Kaycee' he whined, tripping on a step and tumbling back downwards. Kaycee huffed, holding her head in pain.

'Baby, I've got a human inside of me. The last thing I need is to hold you up' she groaned, holding one hand under her round stomachs as she carefully walked down the stairs to him.

'Jules will help me' he pouted, shaking his hand away from her grasp. 'You're being mean to me'.

'If Jules was here and actually sober then I'd get him up here without a second thought. But he's not, only I am. So please work with me, baby'.

He whined and started stomping his feet on the floor, trying to climb up the stairs with his horrible balance. 'Kaycee!' He complained, leaning against the doorframe. He was praising himself for getting up all on his own though he looked exhausted and tired.

'Inside this shower. Go!' She instructed, walking wobbly but not for the same reason as Sean.

'I don't want to shower. Not today, I'm tired' he sniffled, taking two more steps before falling face first onto the bed.

'I'm not sleeping with you if you're going to reek of alcohol' she sighed. She took in a deep breath, momentarily catching her breath. 'Shamu?' She called softly. He hummed quietly. 'I'll go start a bath and I'll help you, that sound good?'

'Will you join me?' He asked , whispering innocently. Kaycee shook her head no. 

'I'll help you, though. I'll be there' she whispered, brushing her hand through his damp, dark hair. He wiped  his leaking nose with the back of his sleeve, before he began to remove his jumper and shirt frustratedly. Any other day,  Kaycee would have probably scolded him for changing out in the open of an unlocked bedroom but she couldn't bring herself today. So, she slowly brought herself to the bathroom, turning the tap on and letting warm water flow into the tub before picking out a new outfit for him to wear.

'I'm in, Kayc. Help me' he called out from the bathroom. Kaycee could only giggle, pulling out a new set of clothes. She walked in to the bathroom, sitting at the edge of the tub. 'Join me, pelase' he begged, holding onto her hips and trying to pull her in.

'Not today, bubs. Tomorrow, I promise tomorrow' she smiled, taking a bottle of soap and squeezing it onto her hand. She rubbed her hands together until the soap bubbled up and created a foam.

'Do you love me?' He chirped, closing his eyes when he felt her petite hands rubbing soap into his hair.

'Of course I do' she murmured.

'Do you really? Do you like me or like-like me?' He questioned further, tilting his head back.

'I don't know, bubs. I'm just pregnant with your child and willing to do it again' she laughed, wondering how in the world she married such a headass. 'What does that tell you?'

'Jules says you only like me' he sniffled and tears were brimming in his eyes.

'He's only lying, baby. He's drunk, he didn't know what he was saying. I love you so much' she giggled, leaning down and pecking his lips lightly.