°Just married part 2°

'It looks fine to me, bubs' Sean repeated for the nth time that day, as he gave her a supportive glance.

'Not really' she took in a heavy breath, blowing it back out through his nose. 'But it can't possibly be that bad, right?'

Sean's lips widened as he tried presenting himself with a smile. 'Right' but it was only half believable. He snaked his arms around the brunette's waist, pulling her closer to his body before whispering into her ear. 'Mom and dad will like whatever you make'.

'They'll lie, Sean. They're too nice to actually say that the food looks and tastes like coal' she huffed, melting into his touch with a frustrated expression plastered on her face.

'It doesn't look that bad, Kayc' Sean tried, pressing a kiss onto the base of her neck.

Since their marriage, Laura and Brad has the opportunity to visit them at their new home-which was a very eventful day-however, with busy schedules, Miya and Cheuk had never properly gotten the chance to do the same. It was only weeks after Laura and Brad had came over that Miya and Cheuk were free.

And that being said, Kaycee wanted to be the one to cook lunch. She was no master chef but she did learn from the best and had her expertise in certain dishes. But cooking under a time limit, must have shook her skills because before she knew it the curry was too runny. She had tried fixing it but she didn't know how and with her stubbornness leveling in she wouldn't let Sean help her.

'And you're lying to me, too' she groaned, turning around and facing Sean. 'Don't lie. Just be honest'.

If it weren't for her hands being looped around his neck, he would have probably excused himself and avoided the question. But there was no hiding. 'I-i think it looks creative' he smiled.

Kaycee groaned loaudly. 'Just tell me if it looks good or bad. No creative rubbish'.

'It's interesting' he shrugged, one brow raised.

'Sean-' Kaycee started, but to his approval the door banged with a knock.

'That'll be mom and dad. I'll get it' he pecked her forehead, before rushing out of the kitchen and greetin g his parents at the front door.

'Ah, where's Kaycee?' Miya peeked her head over Sean's shoulders as Cheuk patted his back.

'I'm here too' he grumbled, but pushed it aside. 'She's in the kitchen'.

'Chef Kaycee, I see' the older woman giggled, following Sean into their dining room. 

'I'll just get the food and Kayc. Be right back'. He patted the seats on one side for his parents to take before running back into Kaycee.

'Babe, they're here' he opened his arms for a hug.

'Sean-lets just order takeaway' Kaycee whined. 'I don't want them to see this'. Sean rolled his eyes at her, enveloping her in his arms before rocking them back and forth on the spot.

'It's fine, Kayc. I promise you' he whispered, nuzzling his face into her curly locks. 

'Ah, look at you two' Miya cooed, clapping her hands lightly as she caught the newly weds attention.

Sean and Kaycee detached themselves from each other, blush rising on their cheeks as they moved a meter away from each other. Although, they were married and everyone knew it, they still acted like their version of best friends-hiding their secret love for the latter around other people.

'Are you hungry? We'll bring out the food' Sean rambled, frantically gesturing his mother out of the kitchen.

'I just wanted to see my daughter' Miya giggled, before walking back out into the dining room. Sean instantly took the platters of food, smiling supportively at Kaycee as he brought them out.