°Soulmates part 3°

'Soulmates aren't real'

'What?!' Kaycee yelled. 'What's that supposed to mean?'

'Kaycee, lets sit down and talk this through. Yeah?' Laura said in a soft tone, slowly sitting down on the black, leather couch.

'No, I'm not sitting down. What in the world?! You're joking, right?'

'Kayc, soulmates just aren't real' Brad tried, slinging an arm over his wife's shoulder.

'Are you guys seriously just going to act all okay with this situation as if it's nothing? Are you seriously trying to tell me that I just brought a stranger to my house! Are you trying to tell me that this stupid ink means nothing?' Kaycee snapped, aggressively pointing at her hand and Sean.

'Mom, dad. What's going on?' Kylie asked unsurely, her mind racing. Does that mean Milo isn't my soulmate?

'Baby, you need to calm down' Laura consoled, taking in deep breaths. Kaycee rolled her eyes, taking in deep breaths and sitting down beside Sean nonetheless.

'The whole soulmate inky story is just a myth, Kaycee' Brad explained in short.

'Then why did my black palm just turn colourful' Kaycee scoffed, showing her parents her hand.

'Listen, Kaycee. It's all a myth-'

'It's not a myth. Sure, I didn't believe it before. But now I have a reason to. Oh come on, Dev. Tell them that it's real' Kaycee pleaded, naturally panicking.

'I don't know what to say, sis' Devon shrugged.

'So then, why are parts of people's body black. Why is my palm colourful?'

'That I don't know. But let me tell you, when I was younger I believed in this myth just as much as you do. But growing up, I learned that soulmates don't just randomly pop into your life. The back of my back is still black, Kaycee. I love your dad, but even when he touches it, it doesn't change colour' Laura elucidated.

'Maybe cause he's not your soulmate' Kaycee yelled, nearly pouncing on her parents if it wasn't for Sean's quick reflexes.

'Kaycee, baby. Don't say that' Brad soothed, trying to place his hand on hers.

'Explain this? Until someone has a logicial explanation for this, then you can come talk to me' Kaycee scoffed, crosssing her arms above her chest.

'Mom, please just tell us you're joking' Kylie begged. 'Please'.

'Baby, we're not.' 

'Then why didn't you tell me this when the black ink turned colorful for me. Why now?' Kylie asked, raising her voice and growing just as angry as Kaycee.

'Like Kaycee said, we wanted to find a reasonable explanation but we never did' Brad sighed, dragging his hand down his face, followed by Kylie storming out of the room with Milo.

'So you're telling me that Kaycee just brought a stranger to our house?' Devon chuckled, but stopped when Kaycee sent him a death glare.

'Are you sure, Ms. Rice? This must be some kind of joke?' Sean asked wearily, staying leveled and polite.

'I wish it was, dear. But this is just all a myth' Laura said.

'I should get going then' Sean whispered, standing up.

'No, dont' Kaycee begged, holding him down so that he sat back on the couch.

'I probably should' he said in a whisper. 'See ya around, possible soulmate' he chuckled sadly, walking to their front door.

'It was nice meeting you guys' he mumbled, closing the door behind him until he felt the petite brunette jump onto him.

'I'm going to miss you' she whispered.

'You've only known me for a day. Not even a day, like 3 hours.' He laughed, ruffling the top of her hair.

'That doesn't mean I can't miss you' she sighed, squeezing him tighter. He smiled in response, wrapping one hand around her head and the other around her shoulder.

'Bye kayc' he smiled, walking away and that was probably the last time she'll ever see her soulmate.

'I hope you're happy' Kaycee huffed, glaring at her parents.

'Baby, we didn't say any of that to intentionally hurt you' Laura sighed, sitting her down.

'I'm going to room, you guys can do whatver' she said bitterly, shaking her moms hand off of her shoulder and marching upstairs, making sure to slam her door shut. Kaycee locked the door behind her, scurrying to her bed as she opened her laptop up, setting a pen and paper beside her.

Soulmate ink myth-she searched on Google, receiving a thousand of suggested answers. She clicked on the first web post, scrolling down to the bottom where all the information was piled.

Are soulmates real? It read, the anticipation killing Kaycee as she read further on.

Many believe that soulmates aren't real for the reason that they haven't found theirs. You may live your life with someone and not realise that they're not your soulmate but purely just a lover. Only the rarest find their soulmate. Everyone is born with a black spot or mark on their body, if you've truly found your soulmate then it will turn into different shades of colours. It's a very rare sight, to actually meet your soulmate. There's a billion people in the world that it could be, but let me tell you my first encounter with mine.

It was a boring day. I was taking my dog-Bosco, for a walk when i bumped into someone, my face planting straight into the ground. The person repeatedly apologized, laying their firm hand in my lower back. And at that moment, I felt it. A spark rushing through my body. Something that felt relaxing and exhilarating all at once. And i still feel that spark 46 years later. 

A soulmate doesn't completeyou, mine never does. But he encourages me everyday to complete myself. To find purpose and passion in life. He doesn't point out my flaws bacuse he doesn't define me by them. Flaws aren't bad, it's there so that you have something to work hard for. everyday. He adores me but challenges me to reach my full potential. Yes, i'm old and grey, but that doesn't mean I'm out of love. My love only grows stronger for him day by day. I walked straight into his heart, and there's nowhere else I'd call home.

For more enquiries, please call or email the information listed below.

Lady Pema- 095 6544324 

Lady Pema- pemasm...gmail.com

To say Kaycee was in shock at what she read was a complete understatement, she was awestruck. Reading that old lady's inspiring story, really made her heart jump. Just to know that somebody else feels the same way she does made her feel ecstatic.

Soulmates are real, she thought to herself. Without another moment of hesitation, she clicked on the email address and began typing.

Dear Pema,

AN| HEY GUYS 👋! HOW ARE Y'ALL?

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AS MUCH AS I ENJOYED WRITING IT. THERE MOST LIKELY WILL NOT BE A PART 4, SORRY. BUT NEVER SAY NEVER.

I KINDA WANTED TO DO A Q&A WITH YOU GUYS. SO BASICALLY, YOU GUYS CAN ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MYSELF, WRITING, ETC (just anything really). YOU CAN WRITE TO ME ON MY PROFILE PAGE, IN THE COMMENTS, OR YOU CAN DM ME. I WILL ANSWER THE QUESTIONS AS SOON AS IVE REACHED 6 OR MORE QUESTIONS. THANK Y'ALL SM FOR 6K READS. IT FELT LIKE JUST YESTERDAY I HAD STARTED WRITING THIS BOOK.

❤️❤️❤️

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX