Chapter 81

A/N: This is bad. I'm super sorry. Not edited or anything but i feel like i kinda owe you guys so here you go!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Luna’s POV

    “Bye Luna.” Averill called behind her as the male took her out of the safe embrace of the cabin.

    Once she left, i tossed my head back, a growl leaving my throat. I didn’t like him, that male. As a wolf, i could sense people, their intentions and their hearts. Something Luke’s soul was dark, but it was as if my senses were failing me because everything else about him seemed fine.

    I  had never liked him, for i knew he wished to court Avery. Lady Artemis had sent me to protect Averill, i was sent to keep her safe and away from boys. Artemis despised boys and I, as her follower, followed Artemis and her feelings. I only became more wary of him in this past few weeks. The darkness in him seemed to be stronger

    Although i had resentment towards Luke, there were things i admired. He had a strong spirit, he was brave, a good fighter, he respected Averill and cared for her, but i couldn’t help the feeling in my mind to question him. Something felt… wrong. I couldn’t seem to catch the thought of what about his soul made me uneasy, what about him made me want to pin him down and gnash my teeth in front of him. I had mixed feelings towards him. I still had yet to decide if i liked the male but my loyalty was strong so i obeyed Lady Artemis.

    With a toss of my head, i turned, starting to pace. I needed to supervise her. Averill would be angry if i went to watch her, but Lady Artemis would also be angry with me if i didn’t.

    A growl left my lips as i reached my decision. I raced towards the door, slipping out the “Doggie door” - yes i found that offencive - and followed Avery’s scent. I needed to find out if Luke truly was good for Averill- for i knew she would never swear off males like the Hunters.

    My paws patted on the ground as i raced forwards, following Averill’s scent to the stables. When i arrived and came closer, i slowed until i was padding towards the stables cautiously.

    I raised my nose to the sky, searching for Averill. Her scent was faint, the smell of pegasus overpowering. Averill’s scent was in the air, making me lean to the side of the stables to stand on my hind legs.

    She must have taken Ace. I thought. Thankfully, i was an excellent tracker, trained by Artemis herself . I was able to catch onto Ace’s scent rather quickly, thanking the Gods for having the scent so fresh, as Luke and Averill must have left only moments before.

    When i finally reached Averill’s pegasus, Ace, i slowed, panting heavily from the journey.

    Ace regarded me with a strange look while i tried to catch my breath. “Averill-” I panted between breaths. “Where is she?”

    He whinnied. “And why in Poseidon’s name would i tell you that?” Ace snarked.

    Fed up and tried, i growled lowly at him, showing my long sharp white fangs, giving him a startle when i snapped at the air.

    The pegasus reared up, frightened. He kicked the air in front of him before landing back down on all fours, moving skittishly backwards. “Jeez lady.” He accused, letting another growl rip from my throat. “They went to the woods!” He answered quickly, his eyes wild in fear.

    I grunted a thanks before bounding into the wood, full speed, while cursing Avery and the boy. You should never go into the woods alone, granted they had each other, but it was still dark.

Forbidden (A Luke Castellan Love Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara