Chapter 30

Avery’s POV
            Oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh! He almost kissed me! I was freaking out! Not a bad freaking out but a teenage girl freaking out!
            When the Apollo kids interrupted us I just- freaked. I didn’t know what to do so I rushed out as soon as I could; not thinking!
            He had almost kissed me! I couldn’t get over that!
            Never, in my life, had I ever almost been kissed by someone! I never had a mom to kiss on the cheek or a dad to kiss my forehead and say goodnight. So honestly and truthfully, I had never been kissed by anyone and here I was almost getting kissed by the hottest guy in the camp!
            I blushed at myself, referring to Luke as the hottest guy here, but it was true. I’d never had a crush on anyone before. It was kind of the same thing with friends. They would always just leave me so why try to make new ones? Or I would just get kicked out of the school probably in the next month, so why like anyone?
            When I walked in the locker room, Jacie had showered and was brushing her wet hair, drips of water dripping off her hair and onto her shirt. She saw me out of the corner of her eye and smiled then she got a mischievous look in her eyes. “Why are you smiling?” She grinning, putting the hair brush down.
            My eyes widened and I lost the smile. Dang, just thinking about Luke made me smile. “Nothing.” I lied.
            “It is so not nothing!” Jacie squealed. “You’re blushing! What happened?”
            Blushing more I looked around the locker room to see everyone looking at her. I grabbed her shoulder and steered her away from the rest of the girls. “Quite down.” I begged and she nodded excitedly.
            “Just tell me already!” She said bouncing from one foot to the other like she was running in place.
            I bit my lip and looked around one more time, “Okay,” I gave, “Promise not to scream?” She nodded quickly. “Okay… so Luke and I went to the infirmary and the Apollo kids forgot the cut on my cheek so Luke… um… he put his hand on my chin and cleaned it but instead of letting go he stared at me and he…” I had to stop because I could feel my cheeks burning red. “He almost kissed me.” I whispered blushing deeply.
            “OH MY GODS!” Jacie screamed fanning herself and everyone looked at her oddly. She blushed.
            “I told you to be quite and you promised not to scream!” I groaned.
            “Can’t trust a Hermes kid.” She winked then got all excited again.
Jacie jumped up and down and fanner her face while squealing like a guinea pig. “Oh my gods, oh my gods, oh my gods!” She whisper-screamed while she was acting like a six year old, little girl had just been told she was going to Disneyland for the first time.
If this got her hyper, I would hate to see her on a sugar rush.
“Luke is so attractive!” She put a hand over her forehead like she was going to faint.
“But he’s from the same cabin as you.” I said, confused.
She went back to her normal posture and pouted, “If he wasn’t my half-brother, I would so date him!”
            I made a face. “Ew.”
            Jacie looked guilty. “Yeah I know. But you have to admit that he is very attractive.”
            Blushing I nodded, shyly. “But isn’t that wrong for me to think that he’s cute?”
            She thought about it, “I mean I guess you guys are from the same cabin but you’re undetermained so I guess it would be alright as long as you’re dad wasn’t Hermes.” Jacie said then studied my face, “You don’t have all the right features to count as a Hermes kid- though I could be wrong. Most Hermes kids have blond hair, blue eyes, and a mischievous look on their face. You don’t have any of those. So I think you’re good.”
            That didn’t exactly feel better. “And if I was claimed as a Hermes kid?”
            “Then it would be wrong.”
            I groaned and she laughed. “Come on, honestly I am 99.9 percent positive that you aren’t a Hermes kid. Unless you’re good at stealing; are you?”
            “Never really tried and don’t really want to. Stealing is wrong.”
            Jacie laughed, “There is absolutely no way you are a Hermes kid then!”
            A smile grew on my face.
            “Okay,” Jacie said, “You need to shower cuz we’re leaving for the next activity soon, so hurry!”
            I nodded and headed off to the showers praying to the gods that I wasn’t the daughter of Hermes.