Chapter 56

Luke’s POV
            After everyone left for breakfast I opened my eye and looked around to find that everyone was gone. I ripped off my covers and flew out of bed, grabbing a new shirt and jeans and pulling them on while I ran around the cabin getting ready and chewed on an apple for my breakfast. After I had finished brushing my teeth and getting ready I raced out of the cabin and knocked on the Aphrodite cabin, impatiently.
            The door opened to find Siena’s face. “Ready for operation ‘Make Avery forgive you?’” Silena asked and I nodded my head eagerly.
            I had told Grey too that I was going to do this and she totally agreed with me and offered to help. Trying to make this perfect, I had asked a few people to help make this plan go perfectly; Thalia, Annabeth, Jacie, and a few of Avery’s close friends agreed to help.  Once I asked Grey to help and she agreed-  I immediately asked Grey about Avery. It took all my being not to just break down the door and find out myself but I respected Chiron more than that, pulse I had already gotten into a ton of trouble this week. And no one even knew the worst part- that I killed Chase. Gods I still felt guilty about that, I would pay for it when I died- I knew that much.
            Grey told me not to worry about Avery, saying that she wasn’t harmed that badly and was acting perfectly fine. I relaxed more but couldn’t help still feel worried I believe Grey though. Being a Hermes kid, we had some skills in knowing when someone was lying. It was harder with our own siblings but with other campers, if you developed a skill for it- like me-, telling if they were lying or not was easy.
            Silena pulled me into her cabin and grabbed a notebook under her bed with tons of ideas and suggestions on what we could do. Most of the Aphrodite kids were nuts for being organized, Silena especially.
            “Okay, do you have everything ready?” Silena asked, tapping her pen to her chin and looking over her list.
            “I think so,” I said and thought about it, counting on my fingers to check if I remembered everything. “Done, done, done, you’re going to help me on that, done, done, we have to do that later, done, and done.” I smiled at her, “I think we’re set!”
            Silena squealed. “Oh my gods this is so cute!” She said clasping her hands and jumping slightly. “I wish someone would do this for me!”
            I sighed regretfully, “No one would be stupid enough to tell the person they like that they didn’t want them to be in their same cabin then run away after saying it- making it look terrible.”
            “Um…” Silena looked at me funny. “You did.”
            Letting out a longer sigh I nodded, “Yes I know I did, Silena. I was talking about me.”
            Her cheeks got red and she rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. “Haha yeah… Anyway! Are you planning on wearing something nice?”
            “Should I?”
            It was a simple question but Silena looked at me with a horrified expression on her face. “Of course you should! This is an important event!”
            “What should I wear, then ‘Ms. Expert’.” I mocked, putting finger quotes around ‘Ms. Expert.’
            “Um… you could wear a suit.”  She suggested.
            Shaking my head I said, “I don’t have any and it’s too late to get one. We’d have to go into town, camp doesn’t sell any.”
            Her shoulders slouched forward. “Difficult.” She muttered under her breath and I rolled my eyes. “Okay,” Silena said louder. “Just wear some of your best jeans and shirt, no cut off sleeves, I guess.”
            “But-”
            “Do you want me to help you or not?” Silena interrupted her hands on her hips.
            I sighed- I’ve done that a lot lately around her. “Fine.” I gave and she smiled brightly accepting victory.
            “What else do we need to do?” I asked.
            “Just finish all the last minute stuff,” Silena announced, looking over her list. “And then get you two together in the same place.”
            “How do we do that? She probably hates me.” I said, leaning forward so my elbow was resting on my knee and my chin in my hand in defeat.
            “I would.” Silena said still not looking at me and looking at the cursed book of hers.
            “Silena!” I scolded. “You said you were going to help me! Not make me feel worse.”
            “Okay, okay I’m sorry.” She apologized holding her hands up, finally looking at me again instead of her notebook.
            “So how do we get me and her in the same room?” I asked again.
            A sly grin came on Silena’s face. “Leave it to me.”
            “Gods I hope this is a good idea.” I muttered, putting my face in my hands.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: So I lost a lot of hearts and I felt really down and didn't update but now I find that I have almost 270 hearts!! So I had to update!!! Thanks so much guys!! Please keep commenting guys!! And remember the contest is still open!! Please enter guys I need your help!!!Know that you will be competing with my fellow readers on quotev as well!!! Thanks to everyone who is reading, commenting, and or hearting!!
        -Breann