Chapter 50

A/N: So I've been getting a lot of sad remarks about Chase being dead and honestly it was really hard for me to kill him. He may just make a reappearance. *Hint, hint* Also, it had to happen for this next chapter. I hope you guys like it!!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Luke’s POV
            My jaw was clenched when I saw Avery’s reaction to Chase being dead.  I was not feeling guilty about killing him what so ever.... Okay maybe I was- but he deserved everything that he got! I mean maybe he didn’t… but I just couldn’t control my anger and he was provoking me!
When Avery was in tears because of him I had to hold myself back from going over and kicking Chase in the side, even if he was dead.
             How she held his face; how she pushed hair away from his eyes? UGH! Then she cried on his chest after he was announced dead! Gods! I wish he could come back to life so I could kill him again!
            When she was led away, she looked once more at Chase and that was the last straw for me.
            I sharply turned away and stormed away from everyone, cursing everything and everyone in this life and those that were dead in Hades. Chase was right; they were totally going out! At least he was dead so now they weren’t.
            Storming through the forest and kicking everything in my sight I came across a monster that was in the woods but I killed it before it even saw me. I was so angry that after I killed it I just screamed and threw my sword as far as I could. I ran my hands through my hair, trying to calm myself down then sat with my back against the rock.
            Why couldn’t she see that I was the one that wanted her?
            I heard footsteps walking towards me. Thinking it was Zach or Devin I yelled, “Go away!”
            Instead of hearing their voice, I heard someone that I hated almost as much as Chase. “Is that anyway to speak to your father?” 
            My whole body shook when I realized who it was. I jumped up and immediately drew my dagger because my sword was somewhere in the woods. My teeth felt like they were going to shatter from how much pressure I was putting on them. “You are not my father.”  I hissed out at Hermes through gritted teeth.
            The God looked middle-aged with an athletic figure. He had salt and pepper hair and had a joggers outfit on. A sad smile came on Hermes lips and he nodded sadly. “I know that I made a mistake, Luke-” He said taking a step towards me but I only took another step back and waved my dagger at him threatening.
            “Sure as Hades you did!”
            “Luke, son,  I-” Hermes started but I cut him off.
            “You don’t have any right to call me your son!” I screamed at him. “You are not my father! A real dad would take care of his son and not left him alone with- with his mother that was driven mad by you!”  Angry tears were threatening to spill over my eyes and my face was pure rage.
            Hermes jaw clenched at my words but eventually he looked me over and his eyes softened. He closed his eyes and pressed his lips together then changed the subject. “You should not have killed him.” He whispered
            “Who Chase?” I asked, angrily. I was even more upset that he changed the topic! He knew I was right and he didn’t even tell me he was sorry!
            When I said Chase’s name Hermes nodded. “He had every right to die!” I seethed. “The freaking idiot was all over the only person that I’ve ever liked!” I yelled but when I mentioned Avery he looked up with his blue eyes shining. Immediately I regretted it.
            “You like someone?” He asked, his eyebrow rose and a sly smile on his face.
            My first clenched. “Yes.” I spat at him.
            “Who?”
            “Why do you care?” I yelled at him and he flinched.
            The God’s expression changed to a soft look. “I’ve always cared, Luke.” Hermes told me his eyes shining with unshed tears but I scoffed, not believing the act.
            “You never have.” I said, calling out his lie. “You’ve never cared about me… or mom.” I whispered the last part.
            Hermes turned his head away looking pained but looked back up at me after a few minutes. “Who is the girl?”
            “You have no right to know anything about Avery!” I yelled then realized my mistake. I cursed and he’s eyes widened.
            “Avery? What is her last name?” He asked, seeming like he suddenly cared more than he should have.
            “Hawkins.” I gritted out, “Her real name is Averill, Averill Hawkins.”
            Hermes looked as if someone had just pushed him over. He staggered back and his eyes frantically looked around. I rose an eyebrow at his panicked reaction. He started muttering to himself. “Oh Gods, oh Gods, not her.” He muttered. “Please, Fates, not her!”
            “Do you know her?” I asked, my anger gone, shock replacing it. He acted as if he knew her. “Oh gods,” I groaned, “Please tell me she isn’t one of your kids.”
            He looked up with me with fear deep in his eyes. “No, she is not one of my children.” He said lowly and I sighed in relief but he wasn’t done. “She is a child of someone much more dangerous than me.” He pulled out his cell phone and started typing frantically. “I must get to Olympus.” He muttered to himself and then looked at me with a pained expression then nodded a goodbye. With that he was gone leaving me wondering what the Hades happened.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: What do you guys think? Like? Not like? Comment below!! Thank you!!
        -Breann