Chapter 71

A/N: Okay so I made a rough sketch of what the cabin would look like for a reference thing. I hope it helps. I'm pretty proud of myself if I do say so, but keep in mind that this isn't mathematically correct and all that jazz, just pulled something together.(Go http://www.quotev.com/story/4431817/Forbidden-Luke-Castellan-Love-Story/77/ there to check it out)
        Also I want to give a huge shout out to Chloe Ninja, Wynterwolf27 for helping me out with this chapter!!! Chloe Ninja sent me tons of pictures that gave me ideas for the cabin and Wynterwolf27 had some FANTASTIC ideas of what to put in the cabin as well as let me bounce ideas off of them. Thank you so much guys!! GO FOLLOW THEM!!! They are pretty awesome!! And thanks to the rest of you that helped me out with this! You rock!!!
        Hope you guys like it!!!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Avery’s POV
            Chiron kept his promise and quickly had the Hephaestus kids make new trunks with a special design input from me. Once they had finally arrived, I took it upon myself to actually fix up the place and not have it be such a disgrace. I tried to convince myself that I was only doing it because I have to live in it and not because I feel responsible to fix it up though I did feel the weight of responsibility.
            Using the desk in the room, I spread out some blue prints and decided on what to do with the cabin. Artemis was the Goddess of the Hunt, the moon and Chastity. So Moon and Hunting it is. I thought in my head.
            Since I didn’t have any daily camp activities, cuz they never made any for cabin 8, I spend my days trying to fix up the cabin. Brianna and Stewart came in handy and helped with the handiwork that I couldn’t do. Granted I was really good with lots of things, because of my talent with building, but I wanted professionals so this cabin didn’t look like a joke.
            Brianna and Stewart usually helped with building cool tech stuff to make the cabin a little cooler with sweet tricks to the place.
            My project became a small obsession, working late into the night and starting early in the morning. I was currently working on some more blueprints when Luke walked in with a tray of food since I had missed lunch.
            “Are you still working on that?” He asked, setting the tray down on the desk.
            I didn’t verbally answer and nodded, not taking my eyes off the paper and continued sketching plans for my next project.
            “Avery come on. Don’t you think you’re going a little extreme?” Luke asked, loneliness creeping into his voice but I was too focused on fixing the cabin that I didn’t realize how much he missed me hanging around with him. We had announced to the camp that we were dating but we hadn’t really done anything as a couple because I was so busy.
            “I need to finish the cabin and make it spectacular.” I explained to Luke, my eyes still glued on the paper in front of my, tapping my pencil to my chin.
            Luke’s expression darkened. “Why are you even fixing it up? It’s not like she’s done anything for you! So why should you do anything for her?” He yelled at me, clearly upset that I was putting so much effort into this while my mother wasn’t going to even give me something as small as a thank you.
            A deep sigh came from me as honestly, I didn’t even know why I was making such a big deal out of this. Sure I had to live in it, but I definitely didn’t need all this extra stuff and to make it look go great. Turning around in my swivel chair to face him I said, “I don’t know Luke. It’s not for Artemis though.” I said, my voice bitter at thinking about her. “It’s for me. I don’t want to live in a place that’s complete crap. If I have to live in this stupid cabin, I might as well make it cool right?”
            He hesitated before answered then nodded, understanding. Luke took my hand and held my chin up to look at him. “Maybe you can spend a little less time on the project and spend a little more with me?” He asked hopefully.
            My face softened as I realized that he was feeling neglected. I stood up from the chair, pushing it aside, and wrapped my arms around his torso. “I’m sorry.” I whispered, feeling stupid that I was pushing him away.
            “No, don’t be.” Luke told me. “Just let me spend a little more time with you. Okay? I miss you.”
            I smiled into his chest, “I miss you too.”
            His arms were wrapped tightly around me and he gave me one last squeeze before pulling me away and kissing my forehead. “I have to go now. We’re riding the Pegasus’ today.”
            “Tell Ace I say hi okay?”
            Luke nodded then walked towards the door before turning around and walking backwards, “Make sure you eat alright?”
            “Alright.” I smiled then watched him leave out the door.
            How did I ever get so lucky to have him? I asked myself dreamily as I started back on my work, a smile on my face as I thought about Luke.

            When I finally finished the cabin, it had been nearly two weeks. I, quite literally, put my blood, sweat, and tears into this project and as I stood back, hands on my hips, I smiled at myself, proud at what I had done. It took two weeks of being locked away from everyone but it looked truly brilliant.
            The outside of the cabin looked about the size of a living room but the inside completely defied all laws of physic as the Gods had enchanted each of the cabins to be able to store more campers. Inside the cabin was about as big as a school gym. [A/N: I cannot even picture how big this thing is so I guessed. It’s probably smaller but still rather large. Hahaha I’m so good at this aren’t I?]
            Doing the whole project of fixing the cabin didn’t only need to be nice for Hunters but for me as well. I knew that if they stayed in the cabin, it would be awkward since I was Artemis’ daughter so I built a small room in the far left corner of the cabin that was mine. I had a Queen bed, (because why not?), a desk, an actually closet, a night stand next to my bed, a dog bed that would fit Luna, a consieled latter that I could go up to the roof, and my trunk that was 2x bigger than everyone else’s. If I wouldn’t have had the money that my dad left me, (I refused to believe that it was Artemis that left the money) I would have never been able to get the whole project done. The Camp paid for things that were essential to the cabin but I paid for extra things that I wanted.
            Every cabin had at least 1 bathroom in the right far corner of the room that had a shower, a closer, toilet and a sink. The bathroom was essential to each cabin in case someone got up in the middle of the night and had to go to the bathroom. It was easier than walking all the way to the showers and toilets behind all the cabins. If it was morning though, people could use the camp bathrooms so no one would fight. Since I was the only one in the cabin, I was lucky enough to have a bathroom in my cabin that I could use all that I wanted and didn’t have to share with anyone. I didn’t do much with the bathroom except add the small detail for a symbol of the Moon for cold water and the symbol of Apollo, the Sun, for hot water.
            When I first came to Cabin 8, I couldn’t help but feel disappointed that I wouldn’t have an half brothers and sisters and that I would be completely alone. Though I liked being alone most of the time, I was looking forward to having something that I could family. But I guess there were good things about being the only one in the cabin as well as bad things.
            After I had finished my room and the bathroom, I started on the Hunters. According to Chiron, the Hunters numbers were always dropping and increasing so there wasn’t an exact number of how many of them there were. I decided that I didn’t want some Hunter left out so I made bunks that held 4 beds per bunk just to be safe. The ceiling was incredibly high so it wasn’t a problem with anyone hitting the ceiling. It was still a good stretch away if you wanted to touch the ceiling from the top bunk. There were 9 bunks total on the sides of the room and four in the middle of the room, but only with two beds high. The total of beds came up to be 44 so I was positive that no one would be left behind.
            The beds for the Hunters were more than they appeared though. If there was only going to be, say 13 Hunters, than the extra beds would retract under the floor leaving the top of the bunk looking like a single bed or however many beds were needed. It was a nice touch that Brianna had helped me with to save space and make the place look less crowded when no one was visiting.
            Each of the beds had a trunk attached to it as well as a large trunk to the side of the bed that held whatever they wanted; weapons, clothes, equipment, etc. I also added racks off to the side of the door with specially designed willow wood hooks with silver clasps that could hold their hunting gear and bows as well as their quivers.
            The area that surrounded the door had been made into a small mud ‘room’ (more like area) with grey silvery stone. I had to admit that it looked really nice next to the hardwood and the animal furs that littered the floor. A zebra and deer head, that Artemis had hunted, were mounted on two of the walls between the beds. Animals were carved into the bunks as well as the walls. On one of the walls, near the racks, showed some of Artemis’ great hunts that I had researched. The Unicorn, the Dragon and other extinct animals and monsters.
        Knowing that Artemis would come with them, I had a large grey corner couch on the wall to my bedroom that could unfold into a King size bed that she could sleep in with silk sheets and a fluffy mattress that felt like clouds. I would have taken the bed myself, but Grey warned me that the Gods could kill you on the spot if you disrespected them. I knew my mom would zap me if I gave myself the better bed so grudgingly I took the Queen bed that was still great just not Goddess great.
            Because Artemis was also associated with the moon, I, with the help of Stewart and Brianna, had made an accurate, and very realistic, model of the constellations on the wall that you could stare at, as if you were looking at the real thing. In case that wasn’t enough, however, we also had a special panel that you could press to make the ceiling fold away so you could see the real sky that twinkled with stars at night.  About a foot from the top of the ceiling, there were paintings that showed the full eclipses of the moon, a special paint making the moon glow as if it were real.
            The walls that weren’t covered were covered with glitter and, although I didn’t like things very girly, it looked beautiful with the blue, silver, grey and white color scheme that tied the whole thing together.
            Windows were nicely placed everyone but could easily be closed with blue curtains since I assumed, like me, the Hunters liked the room to be dark so the constellations on the ceiling could shine brightly.
            “You did well.” Luna told me, her voice sounding in awe as she looked over the place with me.
            “Thank you.” I smiled, happy with my work as well.
            “I’m proud of you, little star.” She told me, turning her head to look at me, her eyes shining with pride while I smiled, glad that she liked it. Luna faced the room again and spoke one last time, her voice soft. “Your mother would be proud as well.
            I stiffened and forced myself not to snap at her. “Let’s not go that far.” I growled.
            Luna sighed, the conversation dropping as I relaxed again, excited for everyone to come and see the cabin completely done. I had everyone stay away from the cabin, no one, except some of the Hephaestus kids, stepping foot into the room. No one had seen it finished besides me so I was excited to see their reactions.
            My head turned to the door when I heard everyone coming in, “Hey, Avery you wanted to see us….whoa.” Luke said, his eyes wide as he took the room in, blinking as if he was imagining it.
            Everyone else stepped in quickly, wondering what had made him at a loss for words. As soon as they walked in, however, they gasped and stared in awe at the cabin, turning in circles to inspect the whole place.
            “Did you….you did all this?” Grey asked, her eyes wide as she took in the cabin.
            I smiled modestly. “Yeah.”
            “Holy Hades!” Nico exclaimed, “How did you do all this?” He asked, turning to look at me, his eyes not believing.
            Blushing I shrugged. “Brianna and Stewart helped.”
            “Not that much, Avery!” Stewart said and walked over to the bunks and running his hands along the carvings. “It looks amazing!”
            Everyone quickly agreed with him and I blushed from all the attention.
            “We have to show this to Chiron!” Jacie told me, looking back at me after inspecting my room.
            “Show me what?” Came Chiron’s voice as he stepped into the room but didn’t say anything else because his eyes were wide as he looked over the room, surprised. After he was silent for over 3 minutes just looking at the place, he turned to me. “You did this child?”
            I nodded, shyly while his eye brows raised high on his head, nodding thoughtfully.
            “Spectacular work.” He congratulated me, placing a hand on my shoulder. “Truly an improvement. Artemis would be very impressed with your work.”
            Luke and I both stiffened upon hearing my mother’s name. Lately, we have talked about it and Luke seemed like he was going to murder her from all her great power and never once helping me when I was being beaten. Slowly, my grudge on my mother became strong as I almost hated her myself.
            I hated being the daughter of Artemis. The first two weeks, I seemed to be a celebrity. Everyone watched me as I walked by and everyone seemed to want to talk to me. Though, I noticed that people seemed to respect me more and some even seemed scared of me. I hate the attention and people that act differently around me before I was claimed. They treat me with more respect and I hated it. Campers treated me different because I was ‘Artemis’s daughter’…and I hated it. I hated being treated differently because of who my mom was. I wanted things to go back to normal. If I was going to be treated with respect, I wanted it from something that I did to gain it not because my ‘oh so powerful mommy claimed me’.
            Some people shied away from me. Some did the opposite and tried to pick a fights with me. Others, who I used to call my friends, didn’t even talk to me anymore. Though, I have to say that it was slightly relieving; not to talk to everyone. It was very nerve racking when I first came to camp. I was used to riding solo then suddenly I was surrounded by people. It took me a long time to finally get used to so many people that wanted to talk to me. When everyone left though, It showed me who my true friends were and there were still a lot.
Upon arriving at the camp, I had trust issues but soon I was able to feel comfortable again with everyone. After being claimed though, my wall was back up and I hardly trusted anyone. If I did trust someone however, they had my complete loyalty.
I shrugged Chiron hand off my shoulder and ignored his comment, standing in front of him before asking, “When will I be able to do my usual activities.”
        Chiron bit his lip, “I’m not sure at the moment. We are still trying to arrange a schedule but we are going to have to alter most, if not all, of the other cabin’s schedules. You could stay with the Hermes cabin for the time being if you would like.
        He turned to Luke and Luke nodded, accepting it.
        “I promise to get you settled into the camp with activities. Also, you haven’t come to the diner pavilion at all this week so I have never been able to tell you that you will be expected to eat at Table 8, and you are not allowed to move.”
        “What?” I asked, my voice disbelieving. “I’m supposed to eat alone?”
        Pressing his lips together, Chiron nodded. “Unless the Hunters come than you will have to eat alone.”
        I was about to argue but he dismissed himself before running off before I could so much as stop him. Clenching my jaw I glared at the space that he used to be. Out of frustration I stomped my foot on the ground, my nails digging into my skin from being balled into fists at my side.
        “That’s not too terrible.” Grey said, trying to help.
        “Actually being on a table all alone sucks.” Nico muttered and Grey smacked his arm then turned back to me.
        “Maybe it’s not going to be that bad…”  She said, resting her hand on my shoulder trying to be comforting but I wouldn’t have it and hit her hand away.
        “Not that bad?” I asked her angrily. “You at least have Nico to talk to! I’m going to be completely alone and I won’t even be near any of you guys!! You know the Gods have to sit on one side and the Goddess’ tables are on the other!”
        “I’m on the Goddess’ side.” Annabeth said but I just sharply turned away from her.
        “It’s not the same.” I muttered, my eyes turning red on the outside. Unfortunately I found it as a trait that I got from Ares. His power was strength but my flaw from his side was anger. I stormed to my room, Luna following after me trying to get me to come back but I slammed the door shut in her face, startling at her but I didn’t have any patience to feel guilty.
        Everyone knew that it was better to leave me alone because I heard the door to the cabin open the shut, everyone’s presence leaving.
        Taking deep breathes I tried to calm myself down but nothing would work. I snatched up my pillow and threw it at the wall with a scream and ran my hands through my straight hair roughly as I fell on my knees, crying. So many emotions were fluttering through me that I couldn’t do anything else. I sobbed and sobbed, “I hate you.” I muttered, thinking of Artemis.  “I hate you, do you hear me?” I asked the sky, my voice getting louder. “I HATE YOU!” I screamed then collapsed on my bed, sobbing into my arms until I managed to cry myself to sleep from being exhausted  with all my emotions.
        I hate her. I truly hate her. She couldn’t have tried to help me, or explain my powers, or even stay for a moment to help me calm down. She just dropped this on me and left, never coming back. And she wouldn’t come back. Why should she come when she never helped me before?
        Honestly and truly, I hate my mother.

__________________________________________________________

A/N: Not my best chapter but i'm still impressed with my amazing drawing skills. ;)