Chapter 69

WARNING: For all you younger readers, this chapter is a little mature. Not tons but a little so you are warned. Do not report me because I have warned you. I got a request from a reader that wanted some more 'mature' stuff in it. Tell me what you guys think. Not anymore mature stuff or more? TELL ME PLEASE!!!!
            -Breann
P.S READ AUTHOR NOTE AT BOTTOM!!!!

Avery’s POV

            Once I finally decided to return to camp, it was almost 2 o’clock. When I left, we had just finished breakfast so it had been a good five hours that I had been in the woods. Thankfully, I ate a huge breakfast so I wasn’t dying of hunger when I came back.
             Coming back to camp was hard though. Not physically, but mentally. Personality, I wished that I could have just stayed out in the woods, but I would eventually have to come back. I needed to face it, not run away from it.
            I came back to camp, cautiously, trying not to draw attention to myself, fortunately, I was able to sneak back into Camp to my cabin where, luckily, everyone was gone.  Sighing in relief I walked into the cabin but froze, tensing, when I heard someone say, “Why did you run, little star?
            Upon hearing the voice, I relaxed immediately then turned to face Luna, who had followed me into the cabin. Her eyes were intently focused on me, as her head was tilted. Once again I sighed, “I don’t know.” I admitted, sitting down on my bed. “I just…couldn’t take it. I could stand how overwhelming everything was.”
            Luna nodded, accepting the answer then trotted towards me, resting her head on my lap, her eyes looking up at me, concerned. “How do you feel about the claiming, little star?
             “A lot of things.” I admitted, shutting my eyes tightly. “I mean, I’m glad that I finally know who my parent is but…I guess I wasn’t as great as I thought it would be. Plus, being told that you’re the only child of a Goddess who shouldn’t have kids is kinda a big thing to take on.”
            “Do you still feel bitter towards your mother?
            Once again I told the truth. “Yes. I’m mad that she didn’t claim me sooner, that she never helped me. I’m mad at her for putting such a huge thing on my shoulders without a warning, so yes I am mad. About a lot of things actually, because that’s not all.”
            The wolf’s brilliant blue eyes turned sad as she lifted her head off my lap and laid down on the floor towards the door, her head now on her own paws. “I was afraid of that.” She whispered.
            I didn’t know how to answer so instead I just studied my hands that were in my lap. Suddenly Luna’s ears picked up and she raised her head, tensing, but then suddenly relaxed, returning to her previous position. I rose an eyebrow, curious at what she heard but I soon found the answer when the door to the Hermes cabin opened to reveal Luke.
            “Avery!” He said, sounding relieved. I smiled then stood up while I walked towards him. Luke wasn’t patient and walked towards me quickly until we met and I was in his arms. “Gods, I’ve been looking for you everywhere!” Luke told me one I was in his arms, sounding upset but hugging me tightly as if he was glad that he finally found me.
            “Sorry.” I muttered. He didn’t answer though, he simply hugged me until he felt like he could let go.
            Luke put his hands on my shoulders and pushed me back so he could look into my eyes. “How are you doing?” Luke asked softly, his voice concerned as his hands went down my arm from my shoulders to my biceps.
            Closing my eyes, I bit my lip, my eyes still closed. “Luna?” I asked her quietly so it wouldn’t break. “Can you…can you give us a minute?”
            Luna nodded to me then walked out easily since Luke didn’t close the door.
            Once she left, I hugged Luke again. “I don’t know.” I muttered, close to tears. Luke didn’t say anything and instead hugged me back, rubbing my back soothingly, while I held on tightly to his shirt.  “What am I going to do now?” I asked him, looking up into his soothing blue eyes.
            “Think on the bright side. We can finally officially date with everyone knowing.” Luke told me, trying to lighten the mood.
            I laughed a little bit and moved my head back on his chest. “Why did she leave me alone?” I asked after a long silence.
            Without seeing his face, I still knew that Luke’s expression darkened. “They don’t care Avery, as much as they tell you they do, or try to make things ‘better’, they don’t care.” I was pulled back and Luke took my face gently, rubbing his thumb against my cheek. “But, I care, Avery. I’ll always care about you.”
            He wrapped me in his arms again, tightly and I relished the feeling of being safe in Luke’s arms. Finally I pulled back and kissed Luke gently on the lips. He responded quickly, but didn’t deepen it any further, knowing that this wasn’t the right time. “Thank you.” I whispered, putting my forehead on his.
            Luke smiled then kissed my forehead. “Anything for you.”
            We pulled away when Luna walked back in. “The rest of the Hermes cabin will be coming shortly.” She told me and I nodded, thanking her before she left again.
            “I still can’t believe that you can talk to a wolf.” Luke laughed after I told him what she said. He ran his hand through his hair and ruffled it in an incredible sexy way.
            Blinking from the distraction, I focused back on his eyes and cracked a smile. “You’re just jealous.”
“Sure, I am.” Luke told me, as if to say ‘You’re right’ in a totally sarcastic way.
            I laughed then turned around and sat on my bed, re-doing my braid that had been messed up from me constantly running my hands over the top of it. “How did you even know I came back?” I asked curiously as I put the tie on the end of my hair. “I made sure that no one saw me.”
            “Actually I didn’t see you.” He admitted, putting his hands in his pocket. “Luna did. She saw you then came to me, she knew how worried I was about you.” Smiling gently at him, I gave him a loving look while he returned the smile.  “Where even were you for five hours?” Luke asked, his voice surprised on how long I had stayed out there.
            Shrugging I replied, “Just hanging out in the woods. Walking, sitting in the tree, just thinking I guess. I practiced with my sword and daggers though, it helped me relax a little and not think of everything.”
            Luke nodded, agreeing with my last method. “I like to practice when I need a break from everything too.”
            “You must need a break a lot with all your sword fighting skills Mr. ‘Best in the camp.’”
            He laughed. “Maybe, or maybe I’m just born with it.” He said cockily.
            “Conceded.” I muttered, teasingly.
            “Am not!” He defended.
            “Keep telling yourself that.” I told him, patting his chest before I started to walk towards the door but yelped as I felt Luke’s arms wrap around my waist and throw me onto his bed that was right next to the door.
            “Take it back.” Luke demanded, his face and tone serious, yet still playful.
             “Never!” I refused, a wicked grin on my face, trying not to laugh
            “Do you accept the consequences?” Luke asked mischievously and suddenly I started to doubt myself.
            “What conseque-” I was cut short, a laugh escaping my mouth as Luke started to tickle me. “No! Stop!” I managed to say between laughs, trying to grab by stomach and kick him away but was powerless as he was much stronger than I was.
            “Take it back.” He told me as he continued to tickle me.
            “No!” I laughed, “I won’t!”
            “Well Ms. Hawkins, prepare for death… by tickling!”
            I playfully screamed as he sat on top of my legs so I couldn’t kick him while he held my hands above my head with one of his hands while the other one continued to tickle me. “Alright! Alright I’m sorry! I- I take it back!” I gave in, hardly being able to breath as I was laughing so hard.
            Luke stopped but didn’t release my hands or get off me. I tried catching my breath while Luke smiled like an idiot at me, content with my surrender. “Jerk.” I muttered but apologized quickly once he gave me a look as if to say ‘you still want to be tickled again?’ And threatened me with putting his hand over my stomach again.
            Finally, I managed to catch my breath but only managed to lose it again as Luke leaned down and pressed his lips to mine, kissing me passionately. Once he pulled away I managed to ask, “What was that for?” between breaths and a wide smile on my face.
            “You were too cute not to.” Luke told me then kissed me once again until he had to pulled away, smirking mischievously at me.
            “Get off.” I weakly said.
            “Why? Do I make you feel uncomfortable?” He teased, wiggling his eyebrows and moving his hips slightly.
            My cheeks suddenly turned dark as I realized what position we weres in. I managed not to stutter and try to make a joke out of it, so it wouldn’t be as awkward. “No, your fat.”
            He laughed and rolled his eyes but got off of me. “I am not fat.” Luke told me once I managed to sit up on the bed. “Want me to prove it to you?” Luke asked mischievously and before I could answer he grabbed my hand and placed it under his shirt so I could feel his tones muscles.
            Instantly, my hand froze, my cheeks darkened and my eyes widened upon feeling his stomach. Never, in all my years of life, had I ever felt a guy’s chest-or a girls for that matter! I was stunned as Luke just smirked at my reaction and then started to run my hand up and town his torso so I could feel each carefully carved muscle.
            Luke wasn’t overly muscly, which I liked. He was lean but he had a defined six pack that my fingers ran over.
            A chuckle from Luke, probably from my face, but it snapped me out of my shock and I tried to pull my hand back, but he firmly kept it there. He continued to move my hand up and down his chest, my hand under his shirt while he smiled down at me.
            I couldn’t lie and say that I didn’t like to feel Luke’s muscles but…I couldn’t lie and say I didn’t feel uncomfortable. I had never done this before.
            My eyes locked with Luke’s and he saw that I was slowly starting to panic, my innocence showing. His eyebrow creased in concern and removed his grip on my hand which I immediately snapped back and held it to my chest.
            “I’m sorry.” He answered sincerely and quietly, upset with himself that he had made me feel uncomfortable. “I just didn’t…I forgot that you… you are…ya know…so… pure.” His cheeks were tinted red and he seemed really embarrassed.
            “No, Luke, it’s fine. Really it is it’s just…” I bit my lip and looked up at his shyly through my eyelashes. “I just don’t know what to do. I’m new at this. I’ve never had a boyfriend before and I just… don’t know how what to do.”
            After I looked up at Luke, I noticed that his eyes went darker, not an angry dark but a different kind, one that I’ve seen countless times when he looked at me before but this time it didn’t go away like it usually did.
            “For starters.” Luke said, placing his hands on my hips and gently pressing me into the wall while his mouth went next to my ear and whispered, “Stop acting so incredibly irresistible all the time. Spot doing things that drive me… mad.”
            I felt Luke’s teeth lightly skim my ear once he finished and I shivered, a fiery pleasurable feeling forming in the bottom of my stomach and increasing as Luke continued. I’d noticed this feeling before but I had never had it continue for more than a few seconds.
            “Just like that.” Luke whispered, almost darkly but it sounded so…hot, strangely. “When you do things like that it makes me want to take you then and there.”
            A small gasp left my lips at how easily he had said that and how straight forward he was.
            “And your innocent look and sounds…” Luke groaned, though I don’t think it was from something bad. “Gods, it drives me insane with how much I know that I need to be careful with you and wait. Gods Avery, I don’t know how much longer I can wait though.”
            His body was pressed up against mine, our chest touching while mine heaved up and down, my breath escaping me for some reason.
            Luke finally moved away from my ear and kissed me, passionately on the lips, savoring the taste of my lips on his while he sucked on my bottom lip slightly and pressed more firmly against me until we were almost completely touching. I felt the fire increase as we touched but ignored it for the time. I was melting into Luke’s kiss but again, the feeling started to burn brighter and I finally put my hand on his chest, pushing him away from me until our lips were apart. I sucked in air, trying to catch my breath. “Stop.” I managed to say.
            Luke suddenly looked worried. I don’t know if he was worried if he offended me, or if I was rejecting him but he got his answer once I sucked in a few more breaths.
            “My stomach felt strange.” I said between breaths.
            His eyes darkened even more and he leaned towards me before tensing, as if controlling himself, and sharply turning around, running his hands through his hair, his teeth tugging on his lips while his eyes were closed. Little did I know that he was trying not to groan upon hearing that what he was doing to me was arousing me. I didn’t know what that meant at the time, but Luke sure did. And he was turned on by hearing that I was being aroused by him simply telling me small things and the fact that I was so innocent that I didn’t even know what was happening. My innocence, I found, really turned him on.
            I noticed the feeling slowly started to melt away and I managed to breathe normally. My eyes squinted at Luke, confused, but I didn’t have time to say anything because Luna walked into the room, her nose nuzzling the almost door open.
             “They are coming now.” Luna told me, referring to the Hermes kids coming into the cabin.
            Seconds later, the whole hoard of the Hermes cabin, burst in but froze when they saw me. I gave a weak smile, as it was pure silent for a moment. It wasn’t even this silent when everyone was sleeping! (We had some people that snored so… not quiet) All at once, everyone started talking, walking towards me and bombarding me with questions. I walked back until my back hit the bunk beds, my hands up and eyes wide from everyone surrounding me.
            Luke was lost to me in the crowd and I couldn’t only sigh, thinking to myself that this was going to be a long night.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: Alright once again I have to say don't report me because I warned you. I got a request from a reader that wanted some more mature stuff so I put it in. I want to know what you guys think though. I'm not very good at this stuff but I guess I could get better. I want your opinions so please comment!!! Thanks
        -Breann